Aerial Tram and Ecological Encounter

njcruiser2007

My husband and I are going on the Miracle on 12/1. The shore excursion from the ship that most interests us is the one where you travel to Gamboa and board a tram. This is a 5.5 hour tour. We would like to do this with a private tour and not with the ship but can not find what company to use. I went on MyfriendMario and don't see anything like this tour. Has anyone done this tour and have a suggestion for us? Thanks.

I am interested in doing this as well. Is this the tram that is at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort? They also have a tour of "monkey island" which sounds like fun. I was thinking we'd have to take a cab and I know that will be expensive. I'll try to give Carnival a call and find out more. Our Miracle cruise isn't until March.

I looked at the Carnival web sie and searched the internet and I believe the only aerial tram in Gamboa is at the Gamboa Rainforest Resort. Panama Jones includes it on their tours, but it looks like they won't do day tours. They may be able to tell me who will. If you can get to the Gamboa Rainforest Resort, the tram is $42 with tax and leaves at 10:30, 1:30, and 3:00. Monkey Island tour is $27 with tax. The pool and grounds of the resort look beautiful. I could definately hang out here all day. You can see and read more about it at www.tripadvisor.com and search under Gamboa Rainforest Resort.

• 2 weeks later...

I did a Google search on the above tour group - found some scary stuff: drunken tour guides, being left on the bus in the sun for a half-hour, getting lost, nearly missing the ships departure, etc.

Based on what I found, I decided not to pursue using this tour group.

We're traveling on Celebrity in October and were similarly disappointed in the offerings. However, it seems this is a particularly dangerous place to visit, with kidnappings and robberies quite common. At this point, we're likely just going to visit the Pier shopping area.

Good luck (if it's not too late already!)

Nancy

Archived