Wedding locations on The Explorer

kmigrrrl

I'm getting married on Explorer of the Seas. We are set for Novmber 11, 2007. I talked to RR the other day but they weren't much help, they told me to just wait until two weeks before the wedding and they will let me know where I am having the wedding.

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to RR last night (only on hold for close to 20 mins HAH.) and asked where they do large weddings on the Explorer. They said they do them 2 places - they combine Cloud Nine and Seven of Hearts lounges to make a space large enough, and they also do the same with Dizzy's and another lounge close by. I guess the walls are able to be moved? I asked for pictures and she said they didn't have any. I've read a bunch on the Explorer thread and I've seen people mention Dizzy's constantly, but I can't find it on the map of the Explorer on rccl.com. I think though that it's the same as the Viking Crown Lounge. I was really happy to hear about these locations - most of the lounges are low in the ship and don't have a lot of light. But I know these 2 choices are at the top of the ship with lots of floor-to-ceiling windows, so it should be great!!

Hope this helps :)

• 3 weeks later...

hey all,

just got off of the explorer so i was able to check out all the options...they told me that they only hold ceremony's at either the chapel or the card/meeting room. although, when i asked how 100 people were going to fit there, they said that with that many people they move it to maharajas lounge. the lounge is really nice so i would be all for it except they said that if you choose to have a reception right after it would be in the same room...i told them i didn't want to walk down the aisle while i smelled food and watched the staff set it up. i thought that was a little strange... i would much rather get married on deck but they told me that i wasn't allowed...i hear so many different things from people that i am getting nervous as to whether this is the way to go.

Archived