What to do in Nassau

flamingo1562

:rolleyes: First time cruiser. Sailing Carnival Freedom in February, could not wait that long so just booked 5 day on Celebration Key West and Nassau 11/26 to 12/01.

Never having been to Nassau was looking for ideas of how to spend our day. We will be there fromm 11am to 10pm. Was wondering if Atlantis is a viable option for the day.

Any help or Ideas are apreaciated.

Thanks

:rolleyes: First time cruiser. Sailing Carnival Freedom in February, could not wait that long so just booked 5 day on Celebration Key West and Nassau 11/26 to 12/01.

Never having been to Nassau was looking for ideas of how to spend our day. We will be there fromm 11am to 10pm. Was wondering if Atlantis is a viable option for the day.

Any help or Ideas are apreaciated.

Thanks

Would help to know what kinds of activities you and your group would enjoy.

Do you enjoy seeing historical sites?

Nassau has Fort Fincastle and Fort Charlotte both easy walks from the pier.

Also their Parliament, Supreme Court building etc. are right out the gates of the terminal area.

A horse drawn buggy tour can easily be had as soon as you step out of the Welcome center.

Do you enjoy gardens and zoos?

We were just at Ardastra Gardens and Zoos 4 days ago and had a great time for $12 per person.

Do you enjoy a quiet, read a book on the beach, next to a pool day?

For $15 pp you can have a relaxing day at the British Colonial Hilton right at the end of the pier where your ship docks. (it is the big hotel to your right when you dock)

We prefer relaxing beach days and being a 15 minute walk back to the ship at the end of the day and have done this twice this year.

Do you enjoy a more active beach day with larger pools and watersports?

For $15pp you can take a cab or $1 Jitney (bus) ride to cable Beach and the Wyndham hotel and use their pools, their larger beach and have access to jet skis, parasailing etc...

Or you can spend hundreds and rent a room at Comfort Suites for the day to use the Atlantis pools and slides, or spend $100 pp (if it is even available that day) for a daypass to Atlantis.

Then spend $12 for a tiny bowl of Mac and Cheese, $15 for a hamburger, etc... for your food over there for the day.

But Atlantis and it's Vegasy thing isn't my cup of tea, but may be yours.

I prefer to see the country I visit rather than running for the first Americanized place I can hide in for a few hours, then run back to the ship.

Those few ideas are just off the top of my head.

Nassau has tons of things to see and do. (other than just getting off the boat and running straight to Atlantis or the worst part of town, the Bay St. shopping right off the ship or the Straw Market right at the pier.)

Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Froufie!

I recommend everyone read this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332656

It convinced me to take the walking tour. Only takes about 2 - 2-1/2 hours.

I'm pretty sure at one point that he states the carriages hold only two adults (and maybe a small child) and the tour isn't very long. I think the price is stated, too.

I just might do the walking tour and then take the carriage ride, too, just because! :D

Hi Froufie!

I recommend everyone read this thread...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=332656

It convinced me to take the walking tour. Only takes about 2 - 2-1/2 hours.

I'm pretty sure at one point that he states the carriages hold only two adults (and maybe a small child) and the tour isn't very long. I think the price is stated, too.

I just might do the walking tour and then take the carriage ride, too, just because! :D

Wow - NCTribefan - you are a mindreader! I just read that thread and have printed off both the walking tour and map - and was inquiring about the horsie rides! Think the kids would like that (and yes we would need to get two buggies for all 5 of us).

Now to convince the kids about how much fun a walking tour will be right?;)

Froufie

My DD is pretty easy to convince, when it comes to cruises. As long as Mom is willing to pay for the vacation, she's pretty much willing to do anything I suggest. Even walking! And now that she's old enough to stop and have an adult beverage, she's pretty willing to go along!

Archived