Pool with fountains in Costa Maya

Island Annie

I thought I read a thread a while ago that said there was a rather large pool located right in the middle of the shopping area in Costa Maya that had fountains, and a swim up bar. Is this true? Has anyone been to this pool? If you have, please give me your opinion. I'm having a hard time deciding if I should spend the day at this pool, or venture out & go to the little fishing village (Majahaul), and spend the day on the beach. Any suggestions???

Yes....I can tell you there is a large swimming pool with a swim up bar there..BUT...we found costa maya to be a large tourist trap.....it is obvious that they built this place just for cruise ship passengers, and its just a large strip mall with various vendors on the outside, and the pool in the center. I wish we had made arrangements to go elsewhere.....we only spent a couple of hours there.....and went back to enjoy the ship!

ackpth

We were there and had a great time! We were with 2 friends and first we had some of the guacamole at the rest. by the pool- it was delicious and cheap!

While we were in the pool, we ran a tab- we were drinking beer and some shots- our tab was a shock!

The pool is very nice and easy to get sunburned, so be careful there also.

Next time we are there, we are going to pay for each round as we go- I dont think we got ripped off, just didnt realize we had so much to drink.

Also in the rest. there was a live band- all in all a vry fun afternoon.

Archived