Cabin Upgrades

LGD

Looking for insight into NCL upgrade policy. The booking 'special' was best available in cabin type, wondering if they upgrade type if not sold out, ile. inside to outside, outside to balcony, etc. Experienced this nice surprise when boarding on HAL.

Looking for insight into NCL upgrade policy. The booking 'special' was best available in cabin type, wondering if they upgrade type if not sold out, ile. inside to outside, outside to balcony, etc. Experienced this nice surprise when boarding on HAL.

If that type is not sold out, I don't think so.

If that type is sold out, I believe it is a possibility to be upgrade into a higher type.

Happens with GTYs more often than some will believe......

Not unless you have booked a "guarantee" instead of a specific cabin. If you book a specific cabin, you are pretty much locked into it. A GTY cabin is basically a guarantee of a specific category OR better, which means you could be upgraded to a higher type (ie inside to outside, outside to balcony etc) in some cases.

In other cases, you may get called with an "upsell" where you may be offered a chance to buy a higher category at a discount.

When I saw the Balconys for the price of an ocean view going on in Aug. I called my TA to se if I could benifit. I had a GTY oceanview, and had not yet made final pmt. At first, TA asked if it was a promo for new bookings, because she had not yet heard of it. I said I didn't know, so she called her NCL rep on the spot to see if we could get ourselves upgraded to a balcony. First the NCL rep said she thought it was only new bookings, but I guess my TA was persistant. TA came back to me to say we got it (no charge):D But she was concerned that the website didn't show the change. Also I was making final pmt, and NCL was still showing a balance. Well.... My TA called me back saying that now NCL was charging me for a regular upgrade at full price, so she called NCL back and was able to get us the BA on deck 10 for $110pp extra. Not as good as free, but a good deal. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! You don't have to wait for them to offer, if you see an opportunity, give it a try. Helps too, if you have a good TA that knows the ropes.;)

Archived