TICKETING problems.......

MarYSol

Mu husband and I are leaving 9/19/04 on the Dawn. We have been waiting for that wonderful call from our TA "Your tickets are in"! BUT......... 23 days to go and no tickets. We have spoken to our TA several times, and today he told us that NCL has "contracted out" the ticketing and they are having multiple problems. Our tickets actually came in last week, but were issued with the wrong Cabin - we paid for a Verandha Midship 10th deck and were given a 4th deck inside Cabin! Our TA has spoken to a Regional Manager who promised our tickets were being rewritten and resent "Overnight Expres" today. Our TA keeps telling us "not to worry, that THAT is his job", but I can't wait to have those coupon books in our grabby little hands. I am sure that once we walk the plank and start our Cruise everything will be fine, BUT we are not happy. Is anyone else having ticketing problems????????

Gloria as long as the reservations has your right suite number, this is really not a problem. Yes I know it is upsetting but you have almost 3 weeks to go and can(if necessary) get them at the Pier. I wonder if anyone else is having this problem. Sometimes you get a lot of malarky from the TA. sometimes they are right on. Lets see if other are having this problem too. Good luck I hope you get them soon. Have you check your preboarding info? Do they have the right suite on it(at the NCL website) here

http://www.ncl.com look for advanced guest reservation

I am not minimizing your situation, I would be concerned too but I personally wouldn't be upset unless the info at the NCL website was different...

what you need is your reservaion(booking) number a six or 7 digit number I believe. You need to ask your TA for it. Tell them you want to fill out the guest preregistration. If they won't give it to you--bingo--- you now know who is misleading you. Its your number and your are entitled to it. BTW every TA I have ever dealt with gave us that number. Just like airplanes they won't give you a copy of all the names on the ship...

PS I love the Dawn...been on it twice...

MarySol, waiting for those docs can be stressful when its getting close to your cruise. I know, I went through it last year when I went on the Dawn. They got lost in the mail and did not arrive untill I was allready on the ship days later. Another set was overnighted to me 2 days before the cruise. And get this, Im now going back on the Dawn October 24th and guess what I got FedeXed to me a couple days ago....Yes, unbelieveable my DOCS, 2 months before! GO FIGURE! Everything will work out fine, dont worry.

MaYSol

To get to preregistration on the web site go here:

http://www.ncl.com/more/prepare_cruise.htm

And then click on the link that says "Advance Guest Registration"

Once there, as long as you have your NCL Booking number, you should be able to see your cabin assigment and confirm that you are on the manifest. On my past 2 NCL cruises, I've done pier pickup and all I had was a letter with my reservation number. It worked like a charm! So even if you don't get the documents in advance, you should be ok with the booking number.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again. From all I have heard we WILL have a great time on the Dawn - we are getting very excited! Anyway, I did make an attempt to do the pre-registration, but all I have is the Confirmation # from our TA, so of course, it would not work. I will call our TA Monday morning and will definitely get our NCL Booking # in order to check out our name on the list. I do appreciate all your good wishes and assistance. I guess we (I) are just over reacting, it is just that I can't wait to get all the papers in hand. WE have never had to wait this long before. But............when all is said and done the trip will be worth the wait.

Thanks again and will let you ALL know what happens - and will definitely let you know when we will start our "DOC DANCE" - LOL

Gloria

Not sure if this is only a problem with some TAs. Our TA had booked a group of rooms for their annual special Alaska cruise. We did not get our tickets until 7 days before the cruise. We were worried about that, but our TA said that as long as we had pre-registered on-line and we were on the manifest, we'd be o.k. He said they are going to be phasing out "tickets" for cruises in the near future (switching more to the e-ticket like airlines), so the "tickets" are just a formality now a days.

Did you receive a "receipt" when you made your deposit and/or final payment to your TA. The receipt should have the reservation/booking number on it. Ours did and that's how we checked to be sure our booking was in fact a "guarantee" and not an assigned cabin.

Your TA should be able to provide it for you with no problem at all. In fact, if your TA isn't too far from you perhaps you can go over and have them do the registration for you. It's the least he/she can do. Just my $.02

G

i am waiting as well...and yes, i does upset me that they keep you guessing right to the the bitter end. it is like a game they play! we sail on 9/19/2004.

they also have our airfare, hotel reservation etc! come on NCL!!!

thanks

michele

I think I read somewhere that if you have airfare through NCL they do not send your docs until 2 weeks before sailing. If you are a non-air passenger, docs come somewhat sooner. I guess they wait till the last minute to see if the air is going to be a charter or regular commercial flight.

This is true. If you've booked your air, hotel, etc through the cruise line it will often be last minute before you receive your docs. The air is the last to be assigned, apparently. We booked our own air for our 10/2 sailing and received our docs on 8/9. In 2001 we were going to So. Amer for a wonderful 35 day San Diego to Rio and we didn't receive our docs until we were heading out the door. We had booked through an agency and being that our flight was the end of October (after 9/11) the airlines were all mixed up for a while......Anyway, it all worked out and it was a wonderful trip. Don't worry.....Have a wonderful cruise. :)

we are booked on the 9/25/04 sailing on the Sea - there are 5 of us (2 cabins) on this trip - all booked and paid for at the same time with the same credit card - my parents tickets arrived at the TA's office 2 weeks ago - ours had still not arrived as of Friday 8/27/04. TA says it's no big deal, they send them out in batches and our tickets will arrive shortly. most of the time when we cruise without airline tickets, we receive them 5 to 6 weeks before the sail date. just wanted to let you know you're not the only one without tickets.

Hi guys - wow - so much info from so many travelers! I just love using Cruise Critic to get all our questions answered. Anyway, with all of you receiving docs late I am beginning to belive my TA - he keeps insisting that NCL has Contracted Out the ticketing and that is where all these delays are stemming from. But he also keeps insisting "Not to worry" that he will have everything in order before our 9/19 departure. I just enjoy receiving my docs and going thru all the paperwork - excursion info, etc., etc. Never having cruised on NCL I just want to see what kind of excursions they have and start our "dreaming about those sea days". 21 days from today we should be "by the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea"........

Hi guys - wow - so much info from so many travelers! I just love using Cruise Critic to get all our questions answered. Anyway, with all of you receiving docs late I am beginning to belive my TA - he keeps insisting that NCL has Contracted Out the ticketing and that is where all these delays are stemming from. But he also keeps insisting "Not to worry" that he will have everything in order before our 9/19 departure. I just enjoy receiving my docs and going thru all the paperwork - excursion info, etc., etc. Never having cruised on NCL I just want to see what kind of excursions they have and start our "dreaming about those sea days". 21 days from today we should be "by the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea"........
If you go to the section on NCL's website called "Faxback Online" you can actually download the shore excursion brochure and price lists. Happy deams!

Thanks again - will definitely check NCL and download the excursion brochure. Spoke to our TA yesterday and the docs were mailed by NCL at 5:50 pm yesterday, so we should have them this afternoon OR tomorrow.

Can't believe the Cruise is getting sooooooooooo close! Funny how depressed I usually feel at the end of this summer - BUT this year we are actually looking forward to September! It's amazing what the anticipation of a Cruise will do for your outlook.

Thanks again to all of you for your wonderful information and advise. Will post again ONCE those documents are home with US!!!!!!!

Gloria

MarYSol

Everything will work out, and just think this time in 3 weeks we will be 4 days into our cruise basking in the sun.Hard to believe isnt it?

Have you started to pack yet?

My fear of flying is really starting to make me nervous and am reconsidering driving in the previous day as it is only about a 6 hour drive. I am considering staying at the Meadowlands Plaza in Seacoucus NJ.How far would we be from Manhattan and the Pier?Would you know?

Carolynn

DOCUMENTS ARE IN!!!!!!!!! DOCUMENTS ARE IN!!!!!!!!!!! THE DANCE HAS BEGUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Richard picked up our tickets this afternoon! So, I am sure you all know what I have been doing all day! I could tell you everything single excursion and NCL Freestyle Cruising tidbit!

Carolynn - HI! 18 days and we will be celebrating together!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!

Anyway, the Meadowlands is a great place! It is right on Route 3 and about 20 minutes from the Lincoln Tunnel. Richard and I will drive right in front of that Hotel on our way to the Pier on the 19th! It should not take you more than 30 minutes to get to our "boat" from there. We are only 20 minutes from there. If you need any additional info just let me know.

Thanks to all of you who send me great information - I will let you know how much we enjoyed our Cruise when we return on the 26th - boo hoo :-( - But for now - it is all smiles and packing has begun!!!!!!

THANKS AGAIN - GLORIA (MarYSol which means Sea & Sun in Spanish!)

Thanks Gloria

My brother in law has a cousin in NJ about 30 minutes from Manhattan and he is going to get ahold of them to see if we can park our van there while we are at sea.That is my husbands big fear, leaving our new van in the parking garage for a week.It will also save us over $200.

We are staying at the Marriott Marquis when we come back for 2 days so I will get to see the sights I wanted to see.

I can't believe it is coming up so fast.It was just like yesterday that I started this thread and I think it was just you and I for some time.I guess we aren't getting the Garden Suite eh?

We will have a great time anyway.17 days.Yeah!5 days until my kids are back to school.All is good.

well it's September 8 - we sail September 25 - still no tickets - called TA last week on Friday - she says no big deal.........

we have done the guest registration online, checked last week & we are still confirmed - would that be good enough to get on the boat if our tickets never arrive?

Hi! I know exactly what you are goig thru! AND it was such a relief to get those tickets on hand. I know eveyone says that as long as you have pre-registered all is well - but................I WANT MY TICKETS! It was such a relief once we received them. I spoke to our TA and they admitted that NCL actually had to send 3 sets of tickets! The first set gave us the wrong cabin - the second set ONCE AGAIN gave us the wrong cabin! FINALLY the 3rd set of documents was correct and they were sent overnight express!! We leave on the 19th, and hope you guys get your tickets soon.

Archived