Passenger from NCL Star dies in accident

brunolvr

Here's the article and picture from the Ketchikan Daily News:

bp12209.jpg

Ketchikan Police and Fire Department employees investigate the scene at about 1:15 p.m. Monday on Berth II downtwon, where about 45 minutes earlier, a passenger from the Norwegian Star cruise ship, seen in the background, was struck by an amphibious vehicle. Her body was screened from view behind the blue tarp attached to vehicles at left. See story, "Woman hit by amphibious vehicle on Berth II," below. Staff photo by Tom Miller

to warn others that, even thought you are on vacation, you need to stay aware of what is going on around you.

on my trip to ketchikan, i watched the "ducks" going around town, they don't go fast. but the tourists walked all over the street, don't watch where they are going, stop in the street to dig in their purse, etc.

it's so sad when something like this happens...hopefully it will be a warning to some of us to stay aware and remember we are walking in streets with traffic. the worse i saw was in skagway, people not watching the railroad tracks...walking along in the middle of the streets and not moving for the shuttles. groups standing in the street looking at maps. streets are very narrow around the docks, please, watch where you are going and look out for traffic...be safe.

And you are posting this gruesome information because..........??????????????

I think it's important that cruisers be warned about being careful when they travel to unfamiliar places. I can think of at least a dozen accidents, a couple of which I've seen that were caused by people being unfamiliar with the area they are travelling in. Most were caused by cars driving on the other side of the road or cruisers renting motorbikes. I'm not saying that not being careful was the cause of this accident but it could have. It's easy to get distracted.

I don't see this as gruesome. Its an accurate report of what happened without pictures. Its no more or less gruesome that the bus accident where RC people died or the Alaska plane crash where Princess(?) passengers died. Or the plane crash in Phuket. If you want to see gruesome go to rotten.com but be pre -warned I can't go on the site and haven't been in years.

What happened was clearly tragic my condolences go out to the family.

Archived