Pre-vacation package- transfer question

SmudgeCat

Hi all- I apologize if this has been discussed previously, I was unable to find any information by searching the forum and the documentation wasn't very clear (much like my brain today ;) ).

We have purchased a Carnival "pre-vacation package" in Fort Lauderdale as part of our splurge, with the transfers (versus the rental car). My question is: do the transfers cover only transport from the hotel to the ship, or does it cover both transport from airport to hotel, as well as hotel to ship?

Thank you so much!!! :p

Hi all- I apologize if this has been discussed previously, I was unable to find any information by searching the forum and the documentation wasn't very clear (much like my brain today ;) ).

We have purchased a Carnival "pre-vacation package" in Fort Lauderdale as part of our splurge, with the transfers (versus the rental car). My question is: do the transfers cover only transport from the hotel to the ship, or does it cover both transport from airport to hotel, as well as hotel to ship?

If I'm not mistaken, the transfer is only from the airport. So to get to your hotel, you'd have to take the hotel's shuttle to go from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport for your Carnival transfers. I may be wrong though..

I am assuming you have purchased your own airfare and if so, the transfer will be provided from hotel to ship only. You will be resonsible for getting to the hotel from airport and back to the airport from the ship at the end of your cruise.

Have a wonderful cruise !

If I'm not mistaken, the transfer is only from the airport. So to get to your hotel, you'd have to take the hotel's shuttle to go from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport for your Carnival transfers. I may be wrong though..

No, you are right, this is how my PVP told me it works, you have to go back to the airport.

We have a different problem. We get off our ship in Rome and we are taking a tour. Where does the tour bus go when it is done. We are staying in Rome overnight. And from what I am told, we will not get a transfer even though we have paid for it. I am guessing we will have to get something from the hotel we are at, but I do not know which one we are staying at.

For Ft. Lauderdale packages, if you purchased it with transfers, it will include a transfer from the airport to the hotel, and from the hotel to the ship on the day of the cruise. You then would be responsible for getting yourself back to the airport when the cruise ends.

Hope this helps.

It all depends on what you booked through Carnival. If you booked flights and hotel your transfers will cover airport->hotel->ship->airport.

If you booked somethings yourself, then there could be breaks in the chain. (That's why you are getting different answers). ;) Discuss with your TA/PVP to see what the transfers include.

It all depends on what you booked through Carnival. If you booked flights and hotel your transfers will cover airport->hotel->ship->airport.

If you booked somethings yourself, then there could be breaks in the chain. (That's why you are getting different answers). ;) Discuss with your TA/PVP to see what the transfers include.

Correct... I assumed using the "Doing your own air concept" as the OP did not state if Carnival did their air arrangements which makes the answer completely different. Best bet is to contact who you booked with to clarify.

Archived