Avalon Tapestry - food question (dieting) ?

gsquaredstwins

OK- you were so helpful with the clothing suggestions. Now I have food questions.

I have been on Weight watchers since the new year (37 weeks now and I have lost 40 lbs).

I am very concerned about eating while on this vacation. While i want to enjoy regional foods a bit, I also don't want to come back 10 pounds heavier than when I went.

On a caribbean ocean liner type of cruise, I can do just fine with meals.

I will eat some cereal (cold or hot cereal) or yogurt for breakfast with some fruit and I usually opt for salads for lunch, maybe somethign with veggies in it and let myself eat (within moderation) what I want for dinner. Unfortunately, I do not eat seafood - so I am usually stuck with chicken dishes (preferably not ones prepared with heavy sauces and breadings, fried, etc).

How do you think I will get by on this type of cruise ? Do they offer cereal, yogurt, ffresh ruit for breakfast? Do they offer salads or a salad bar, or light sandwhiches for lunch? Will dinner choices include something relatively healthy.

The foods of this region don't tend to be "light" if you know what I mean. I also know this is such a small ship- I can't imagine them offering the food choices an ocean liner does.

I just want to prepare myself appropriately. I've worked hard to lose my weight and I have a bit more to lose. I know we will be waling a bit on the tours, so that will help some.

Thank You

Gina

My experience (on the Poetry) was that there was a breakfast buffet with a LARGE variety of options (both healthy and not) that should suit everyone's needs. For lunch, there was a salad bar, although not much in the way of sandwiches. For dinner, they always had an extra option (usually fish or chicken) along with fish, meat, and veggie options for the main course. I think you'll be able to find something each night that will work for you. I don't eat fish, either, and not every entree was heavy and cream-laden.

The main problem: the desserts. They're always VERY tempting and VERY good! :)

I actually lost 3 lbs on our Avalon Budapest to Amsterdam cruise. Believe me,I did not diet. If you take every city tour and than go back to the city and walk after lunch I bet you will not gain any weight,That is alot of walking. Anyway I was on weighwatchers several years ago and thinking back on the cruise I don't think you will have any problem staying on weightwatchers if you wish. I agree about the desserts. They were absolutely wonderful. One day I just had dessert for lunch,nothing else. It was GREAT:D :D I always, besides that day,ate very light at lunch but I did enjoy at big breakfast.

You pay for soda and any alcoholic beverages outside of the wine served at dinner. Occasionally, they'll offer bottled water for 1-2 Euros on your way out for a tour.

They have iced water (not bottled, but it's decent water), iced tea, hot tea, and coffee available all day long for free.

Wine (basically unlimited until dessert) is free with dinner. You can also have water or tea, and hot beverages are served with dessert.

At breakfast, they have juice and milk, too.

I found it much more inclusive than our RC cruise, but I don't drink a whole lot of soda.

Archived