OMG one of my ports has excursions and I just spent ....

sassafrass

$478 on one port! I booked horseback riding by sea, parasailing and snorkeling at Half Moon Cay. I guess we will just not rent a cabana because we aren't going to be on the beach alot.

you're gonna have one heck of a S&S bill. :p

Life's short. Enjoy it. :D

We are at HMC from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM. I spaced them out with an hour ot two between them and the one we do is ends at 5:00 PM. This is a once in a life time trip for my daughter who is 15 and I. It's a mother daughter cruise so I splurged.

Well have fun with you DD, you must be so excited.

Depending on the OP's credit card balance, it could take YEARS of payments to pay these excursions off as interest continues to accrue and accrue.... ;)

Oh I see, yes that does happen. I always pay off my Credit Card whenever I have something on it, so I do not even think about things like that. I am hoping to book all our excursions before we leave for Europe next year, and pay that bill. I do not want to come home to a lot of bills. Our S&S bill should not be that high and I can pay that off too before we even get off the ship.

Oh I see, yes that does happen. I always pay off my Credit Card whenever I have something on it, so I do not even think about things like that. I am hoping to book all our excursions before we leave for Europe next year, and pay that bill. I do not want to come home to a lot of bills. Our S&S bill should not be that high and I can pay that off too before we even get off the ship.

I am just like you! I try to save in the months before our cruise so I can pay off the S&S bill right when we get home. But I have to admit, sometimes it takes a couple months!

Congrats on booking a European cruise! That's my dream...and maybe a Mediterranean one too!:D

I am just like you! I try to save in the months before our cruise so I can pay off the S&S bill right when we get home. But I have to admit, sometimes it takes a couple months!

Congrats on booking a European cruise! That's my dream...and maybe a Mediterranean one too!:D

Thanks, it will be the trip of a lifetime for us. We have never been to Europe and Carnival has made it so we can. I hope you get your dream too.

Wow, that scares the heck out of me! On our cruise last week we spend a grand total of $46 at BOTH ports. I think we set a personal record with that one! And that was for 4 of us!

We've got a 4 port cruise coming up in December and I'm freaking out over excursions. We normally book our own excursions independent of the ship, but we're going to Belize, Roatan, and Guatemala, places we've never been before, and I'm very nervous about doing anything with independent tour guides, etc. Of course in Cozumel we'll end up at Paradise Beach, so that port is covered! I'm trying to spend under $150 total for 4 of us at each of the 3 other ports, but that's looking to be impossible. I guess I'll get it all figured out at some point...

We are at HMC from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM. I spaced them out with an hour ot two between them and the one we do is ends at 5:00 PM. This is a once in a life time trip for my daughter who is 15 and I. It's a mother daughter cruise so I splurged.

You only live once and don't get to choose when you depart, enjoy the trip, enjoy the daughter. We did the same this past Spring prior to one of two DD's getting married, only we did it in three ports. It was hard to swallow at the time making res, but we don't regret for one minute. We'll never have the opportunity again for 'just the four of us'. Enjoy.

Wow, that scares the heck out of me! On our cruise last week we spend a grand total of $46 at BOTH ports. I think we set a personal record with that one! And that was for 4 of us!

We've got a 4 port cruise coming up in December and I'm freaking out over excursions. We normally book our own excursions independent of the ship, but we're going to Belize, Roatan, and Guatemala, places we've never been before, and I'm very nervous about doing anything with independent tour guides, etc. Of course in Cozumel we'll end up at Paradise Beach, so that port is covered! I'm trying to spend under $150 total for 4 of us at each of the 3 other ports, but that's looking to be impossible. I guess I'll get it all figured out at some point...

In Roatan we had a taxi driver take us to the other side of the island o a little bay. He took us to a bar/restaurant on the beach where we spent the day. When the snorkeling tour showed up, we rented a kayak from the bar and paddled across to where we'd seen the snorkeling tour and snorkeled on our own (we had our own snorkeling gear). We had a great time, a great lunch, and it cost us very little. We didn't know we were going the same place as the tour...just ended up that way.

$478 on one port! I booked horseback riding by sea, parasailing and snorkeling at Half Moon Cay. I guess we will just not rent a cabana because we aren't going to be on the beach alot.

That's crazy...lol..

If you think that is bad, don't go to Alaska, one excursion for the 4 of us was almost 1200$. All the excursions there were very pricey but helicoptering to a glacier was the coolest thing I have ever done.

In Roatan we had a taxi driver take us to the other side of the island o a little bay. He took us to a bar/restaurant on the beach where we spent the day. When the snorkeling tour showed up, we rented a kayak from the bar and paddled across to where we'd seen the snorkeling tour and snorkeled on our own (we had our own snorkeling gear). We had a great time, a great lunch, and it cost us very little. We didn't know we were going the same place as the tour...just ended up that way.

How did you arrange for return transportation? Were there taxis waiting to take you back, or did you ask your driver to pick you up at a certain time?

I did some research last night and figured out our excursions for Guatemala and Belize - Roatan is the only one left for me to figure out. Thanks!

Thats about average for us too. What drives ours up are the Dolphin Swims and Scuba.

Fred

Archived