Hair Dryers and power outlets

kobecat

Can someone tell me if Carnival has hair dryers in its balcony cabins. Also how many power outlets are there - voltage? I assume they are US pins.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, they have hairdryers but I didn't think they were strong so I brought my own. There is one power outlet with US and European sockets on the desk/vanity in the cabin.

I brought my own. Even though there is a sign that said you can't use your own because of some power reason or whatever.

You are talking about the sign in the bathroom where you can only plug in electric razors in the outlet in there? The outlet by the vanity you can plug in hairdryers.

Ok for all those who live by their blow dryers...here is my horror story! Just got back from the Destiny 9/9/07 sailing. I have very long thick hair and need a good blowdry to at least make it look decent. I have never had a problem bringing my own on a cruise. The first thing I noticed as I arrived in my cabin were big stickers by the outlets with a "No Blowdryer" sign on them. I totally ignored them as I thought it was no big deal. First night went well, blow dryer had no problems. Second Night - formal night I may add - different story. I had just finished drying the first section when "poof"! the blowdryer started making this very loud screaching sound and the TV and all the lights in teh vanity area turned off. I blew a fuse. I called maintenance and they fixed it within 15 min. No big deal. As i tried to turn on the dryer again, it didnt work. I freaked out. I sampled the one in the bathroom and it was a total joke. Just put my hair up that night and thought I would be able to buy one at the next port, Barbados.

Long story short, looking for a good hour in Barbados they told me to go to a Furniture store, which is where they sell their blowdryers. Found one that we used back in the 80's for about $65 US -I then decided that the one in the bathroom was probably the same quality. I called the information desk once I returned on the ship and asked if they had better quality dryers as I needed a good one for my hair and the one in the BROOM was horrible. The guy asked if I had brought my own, I said yes, but it blew the fuses out. He told me to unplug the TV while I dried my hair and it should be fine. I never got to the part where my dryer had burned out as well....

Needless to say, the rest of the cruise I decided to style my hair "wavy".

Can someone tell me if Carnival has hair dryers in its balcony cabins. Also how many power outlets are there - voltage? I assume they are US pins.

Thanks for your help.

As most have said there are hairdryers and you need to hold the button in while drying but if you take your own here is some advice. If your hairdryer has a plug that is longer than 2 1/2 inches it won't fit because the outlet is so close to the vanity. We went on the Fascination in July and I had this problem and on that class ship they don't have the in room hairdyers at all. But our wonderful room steward brought me one to use for the whole trip. So when I go on the Oct cruise I think I will take a power strip or just use the in room hairdryer. My hair is not thick so I won't have any problems with their hairdryer drying my hair. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived