Albergo Santa Chiara-Rome???

Anyone ever use the Albergo Santa Chiara? It is right near the Pantheon.

Thanks,

Marty

Great location.Have a friend who goes to Rome a lot and as the del Santo got so much more $$$ they switched over to the Chiara and liked it very much.When the del Santo gets full they send people to the Chiara.Hope this helps a little.

At an average rate of $356 (Venere & TripAdvisor) I don't call this a budget hotel. Or at least not my budget.

I'm looking for 75 EUR to 95 EUR. The Domus Aurelia near the Vatican is looking very good at 72 EUR. It is run by nuns, but when I inquired as to their allowing smoking, they responded that while the house is non-smoking, there are balconies and a small garden where I could smoke.

But I'm also looking at renting an apartment. We could buy groceries for meals. If we wanted to go out to restaurants we could, but for breakfast and lunch we could make our own. And you have a lot more space than the hotel rooms in Rome for the same rate.

At an average rate of $356 (Venere & TripAdvisor) I don't call this a budget hotel. Or at least not my budget.

I'm looking for 75 EUR to 95 EUR. The Domus Aurelia near the Vatican is looking very good at 72 EUR. It is run by nuns, but when I inquired as to their allowing smoking, they responded that while the house is non-smoking, there are balconies and a small garden where I could smoke.

But I'm also looking at renting an apartment. We could buy groceries for meals. If we wanted to go out to restaurants we could, but for breakfast and lunch we could make our own. And you have a lot more space than the hotel rooms in Rome for the same rate.

If you do not know the answer to the simple question, why waste your time and mine!

Marty

If you do not know the answer to the simple question, why waste your time and mine!

Marty

This is an open forum for eveyone to make comments and lend information. I can't tell you the threads I've read on this board where folks go off topic, making comments, lending information that isn't in the least related to the OP's question or topic. If you consider it a waste of time, you don't have to read my posts.

Thanks Karen....I will.

I booked the Albergo del Senato for 4 nights at 335 euros per. Much more than I wanted to spend despite the rave reviews. Even the Mozart went sky high......a superior room (slightly below their "deluxe") is 256 euros for October 2008. The Lancelot came in at 195 euros for their "special" 6th floor w/terrace.

The Albergo Santa Chiara was actually not that bad at 215 euros considering the fantastic location near the Pantheon. The reviews are fairly good but not as glowing as the three above.

I'll check out the Navona Roma......

As always....appreciate the constructive help.

Marty

Archived