Advice Needed :Tie or No Tie For The Groom ?

jdybnsn

Hi

We are getting married on Grand Cayman -at The Grand Old House.

Though the wedding will not be on the beach, we will be getting a photo shoot done there later in the day.

My fiance is wearing a pale sand/beige coloured linen suit, with a white linen shirt (short sleeved).......so its a fairly casual look. Do you think he should wear a tie ?

Just can't decide if this would look appropriate or not (and if so what colour/ type) :confused:

Any opinions ?

Are you wearing a more formal type wedding gown or is your dress more casual? If you're wearing a "full blown" wedding gown, the tie might complete your overall look more. If your dress is more understated, then I'd say ditch it.

Hi

No I'm not wearing the big frothy dress - whilst its not exactly casual its much more understated than average......probably this one ;

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B000OQYT4S/ref=ord_cart_shr/203-8278614-6607112?ie=UTF8&m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&mnSBrand=core

Hi

No I'm not wearing the big frothy dress - whilst its not exactly casual its much more understated than average......probably this one ;

http://www.marksandspencer.com/gp/product/B000OQYT4S/ref=ord_cart_shr/203-8278614-6607112?ie=UTF8&m=A2BO0OYVBKIQJM&mnSBrand=core

Wow. I love that dress! :D I would say no tie then as well. I think it would complement much more nicely.

• 1 month later...

Hi born2batc :)

GOH is just over a mile from the port.

We are getting married on the pier at GOH, but we are having photo's at nearby Smith's Cove... and also doing some "Trash The Dress" shots in the sea !

When is your daughter getting married ? - ours is on the 12th Feb. 2008

Judy x

:)

Please let the poor guy make up his own mind.

After you all are married you will have plenty of time to tell him what, when and how to do everything.

So let the poor guy enjoy some freedom for after all it wll be his last chance to do so.:D

...........but he's the one who can't decide :D :D :D

We are also getting married at Grand Old House. What is your date. The guys are wearing tan suits with navy ties. This is my dress.

http://www.alfredangelo.com/index.cfm/fuseAction/COLLECTIONS.productDetail/fromAdvancedSearch/0/productID/58ebc5de-3fe5-4f2e-9772-a55f696c0963/categoryID/32e5a88c-cbf1-498f-afcf-dbfca138c5d3

We are getting married on 02/12/08 when is yours ?........love your dress by the way !:)

Slight change of plan with mine :rolleyes: ....I'm now going to be wearing :

http://www.monsoon.co.uk/invt/15221041

though I'm a bit worried that it doesn't look too much like a wedding dress as it is pale biege rather than cream...even though it was in the wedding dress section...........though this has some pluses and minuses of course post-wedding (lol).

And I also meant to say that the groom is wearing a tan suit with navy tie and the groomsmen are wearing tan pants with white collared shirts and navy ties, no jackets. Should they have boutinere's or just the groom since he is the only one wearing a jacket?

. Should they have boutinere's or just the groom since he is the only one wearing a jacket?

Personally preference really.

I think I would have them all wear one - I think it will 'signify' to other guests more clearly their overall 'status' in the wedding party.:)

Are your jacket-less groomsmen wearing long, or short sleeves ? another dilema for me....its difficult to know where to cross the line with the casual look.:confused:

no tie...

Hi

We are getting married on Grand Cayman -at The Grand Old House.

Though the wedding will not be on the beach, we will be getting a photo shoot done there later in the day.

My fiance is wearing a pale sand/beige coloured linen suit, with a white linen shirt (short sleeved).......so its a fairly casual look. Do you think he should wear a tie ?

Just can't decide if this would look appropriate or not (and if so what colour/ type) :confused:

Any opinions ?

Archived