Hong Kong weather in January?

AdventureSeeker

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Yes, I wouldn't go to Hong Kong in January. I'll be visiting HK in Mar 09 on the Azamara Quest!:)

We are looking at cruising on the Azamara Quest but do not know much about this ship. Can you enlighten us please. We are an Auatralian family with two teens aged 14 and 15. They love cruising but I am concerned as to whether this ship will be appropriate for them. They have previously cruised on Coral Princess and Hal Rotterdam. I look forward to your thoughts. Thank you.

Jennie

Hi Jennie

The Azamara cruise ships are small 700+passenger ships trying to offer excellent service and an upmarket on board experience so on board activities might be very limited for teens. Quite a few of the itineraries too, are not created for people with children so on some cruises you may find very few other teens on board. A lot depends on whch itinerary you are picking - you will find more teens on Caribbean cruises etc.

I am not trying to put you off, but just wanted to be straight with you. I have even read a thread where one lady wanted to bring a toddler and wasn't allowed a reservation in one of the speciality dining rooms on board and when she complained on CC, she was flamed as most viewed Azamara cruises as adult cruiseline and suggested she should not be bringing a young toddler....

Certainly you will not have that issue, but if you are looking for companionship for your teens you may struggle on Azamara.

Please do check out the CC Azamara threads for a better idea of clientele and on board offerings as Azamara is new and I may be wrong! One good thing I have read about Azamara is that there is no smoking in public places on board.:)

Good luck!

Linda :)

I see you are from NSW - I will be visiting Aus/NZ in just 2wks time - can't wait to get on that plane!

Archived