Optional Tours - Gate 1 Cruise

Suite 16

We are booked next May on Gate l, Amadeus Symphony, Nurenberg to Budapest, a group of 6. Two of us have previously done part of this cruise, so are considering the 2 optional tours - one Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna, and the other, all day in Salzburg, Austria, which would be new to us. We would appreciate hearing the opinions of others as to their experience doing these tours. Certainly, both Vienna, and Passau with it's organ concert, would be well worth repeating, unless the optional tours are well recommended.

Thanks to much for any information about your experiences.

Hi,

We will be leaving soon for the October 10 trip on the Gate1's Bolero. We are offered the same trips. We won't be doing the Salzburg trip but will probably do the Schonbrunn Palace although we haven't booked it yet. I will post when we return. This link may help too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=545588&highlight=Salzburg

Cynthia

I've been to Schonbrunn Palace in Vienna before on a land tour. It's not to be missed! It's very much like Versailles -- the hapsburgs seem to have built Schonbrunn to "keep up with the Bourbons". It's a beautiful place, and well worth a tour! My partner and I are doing the same cruise in May, and will definitely be hitting Schonbrunn!

Archived