Canadian Rockies/Alaska Cruise Tour

Lanz

We have received our information packet from Princess and are now more confused than ever about what to pack. Princess tells us that the Canadian Rockies tour nights are more formal than the Alaska Land Tours. Does anyone have any advice about this tour? Also, what about baggage, they said something about sending bags to the ship? Thanks Lanz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lanz:

We have received our information packet from Princess and are now more confused than ever about what to pack. Princess tells us that the Canadian Rockies tour nights are more formal than the Alaska Land Tours. Does anyone have any advice about this tour? Also, what about baggage, they said something about sending bags to the ship? Thanks Lanz<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I guess because you are staying at the Banff Springs and Chateau Lake Louise they are telling you the evenings are more formal but are meals included? If not you won't have to eat in their more formal dining areas. Have not done the tour but have been to Banff/Jasper area with Collette Tours when I was a TA and we wore nice slacks sort of things to dinner at night.. This was 5 yrs ago but can't imagine it's changed that much. The land tours in Alaska are staying in many cases at "wilderness" lodges.. very nice facilities but still more "jeans and Khakis" type places. I wouldn't stress over it..

As for luggage I know that the night in Kamloops they used to have you take only an overnight off the train and the rest went on to the ship but wasn't aware they were doing this for whole tour? Maybe it's unclear from documents? I'd call them if you have any doubts (1 800 PRINCESS)

Host Caroline

<font SIZE="1">Join me on the beautiful Diamond Princess in July 2005 for Cruise Critic's Awesome Alaskan Adventure --You'll have a whale of a good time! icon_smile.gif

Sept 04-Royal Hounds Mariner of the Seas

Feb 05-Partae Pirates Carnival Miracle

One can never have too many days at sea..</font>

Archived