Insiders Tip!

Rent-A-Guide

Many times, I have received requests on information where to taste our local cuisine. The common answer is to visit the old market witch has been transformed in a “food court”.

I would like to inform those arriving at the mega pier, of a well kept “secret”:

Walking left of the area where tour busses are parked, you will find Mrs.Sonia, who caters to us (guides, drivers, taxi, info crew, etc) working on the site. Even cruise ship personnel have become regular client and call her up in advance for special requests! She usually has various options.

Those interested in tasting our local cuisine, you are welcome to join us.

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

P.S: leave some for us!

We will be on our island April of 09. A nice little tour and a few hours at the beach would be nice. I know it's a year and a half away but it's never to early to start planning. Grand Princess will be in port that day so it will be busy. Thank you for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Although not at home (=Curaçao), I would like to inform those in the neighborhood, about one of our local artist (and old school friend) exhibiting in Brooklyn NY!

Go to:

http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/exhibi....php?a=EL51.13,

http://www.brooklynmuseum.org/commun...tely%E2%80%9D/,

http://www.absolutearts.com/tirzo/

hope you can make it,

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

• 1 month later...

If you are going to visit a beach when in Curaçao, remember to bring sea/water- shoes/sandals!

Curaçao is a coral island, that’s what makes us great for snorkeling and diving from shore, but the entry’s can be a little sore for those with “tender” feet.

see you all soon,

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

Henry

Hi my family is visiting in Feb 08 and we are looking at Playa Porto Mari beach. Everyone is over 17 so would this keep us entertained? We all are interested in learning to scuba dive do they teach that? I sent an email I found on the website but have not received heard back.

Thanks for your help.

• 6 months later...
If you are going to visit a beach when in Curaçao, remember to bring sea/water- shoes/sandals!

Curaçao is a coral island, that’s what makes us great for snorkeling and diving from shore, but the entry’s can be a little sore for those with “tender” feet.

see you all soon,

Henry"Leo"Plaate

Rent-A-Guide

Thanks Henry, a useful tip.

We were thinking of going to the Seaquarium in the morning, followed by some time on the beach near there. Is this a good place to snorkel?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived