Car rentals at Halifax cruise terminal?

John&Betty

We used Avis when we were there the first week in September. The had a van pick us up at the terminal. They were there very promptly after our call. The staff was very helpful in planning a beautiful drive. When we returned, we had plenty of time to walk back to ship along the boardwalk.

We just got back from Halifax and I rented a car with Budget. Both Alamo and Hertz are closer. About a two block walk to the Westin Hotel. Alamo is in the lobby and Hertz is next door. Budget is an easy walk also - about 4 more blocks into downtown on Hollis.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Halifax on the Crown Princess on Sept 20. We reserved a car in advance with Enterprise..they had the best rate when we checked. Their office is several blocks away...we walked, but they have van transportation from the Port to their office and back.

• 2 weeks later...

Vswan, I read on your review of the NCL Spirit that there is a trolley service available in Boston that includes the harbor cruise. Do you remember the company name and is the ticket area close to the port? I don't think NCL offers a hop-on hop-off excursion. I'd hate to pay $45 for just a basic tour. Thanks so much!

Archived