LAX Transfer to Port question?

RedFam

Hi Everyone...

Since alot of you are cruise expert you might know the answer to this question. We will be flying in to LAX on the day of the cruise. Is there a cheaper transfer from LAX to the Port other than the RCL transfer? We are thinking about renting a car and park it @ the port but that will means we are renting car we won't be driving for 5 days.

Should we just get the RCL transfer or taxi??? I am not sure... what are the cheaper way to get there from the airport. Just trying to save $$$...:rolleyes: Its just going to be myself and the hubby...

Thank you,

Rachel

Hi Everyone...

Since alot of you are cruise expert you might know the answer to this question. We will be flying in to LAX on the day of the cruise. Is there a cheaper transfer from LAX to the Port other than the RCL transfer? We are thinking about renting a car and park it @ the port but that will means we are renting car we won't be driving for 5 days.

Should we just get the RCL transfer or taxi??? I am not sure... what are the cheaper way to get there from the airport. Just trying to save $$$...:rolleyes: Its just going to be myself and the hubby...

Thank you,

Rachel

Parking at the port of Los Angeles is $12 per day. If you rent a car, return it to the local office and take a taxi from the rental office to the port. A taxi from LAX to the port is going to cost about as much as a rental car, and you will not have to deal with the hassle of returning the rental car, or paying for a rental car while you are not using it plus $12 to park it.

I live in Los Angles, so I don't take a taxi from LAX to the port. However, in August 2004 I did take a taxi from the Long Beach airport to LAX. The Long Beach airport is fairly close to the Los Angeles port, and the distance is about the same. It cost me about $40 plus tip. I would expect that the cost of a taxi from LAX to the port is in the $50 to $60 range.

I am going to be at the port in October. I believe the cost of a taxi from the port to LAX is a flat rate. I can look it up for you while I am there if you are interested.

Also, across the street from the port is an Enterprise rent-a-car office. See if you can rent a car from LAX, return it to San Pedro, rent a car from San Pedro and return it to LAX. But don't rent a car during the cruise and pay for something you cannot use AND pay to park it also.

Archived