For Women Only- Personal

misssea

Do any of you know if there is something you can do to assure that you don't get your period during your cruise?

Are you on the pill? If so, you can continue to a second pack the day after you finish your last active pill. (Dont take the inactive ones).Continue the second pack all the way through. This is what my doctor told me to do. Can't hurt you at all.

Hope this helps.

Are you on the pill? If so, you can continue to a second pack the day after you finish your last active pill. (Dont take the inactive ones).Continue the second pack all the way through. This is what my doctor told me to do. Can't hurt you at all.

Hope this helps.

So you start this a couple months before your cruise or just continue as normal only skipping the inactive ones if they fall on the cruise dates?

Talk to your doctor before the cruise and I think they can help. I believe they can either give you a shot to make you skip a period or they'll switch around your pills. I actually learned this in a stupid class once.. wish I would've paid attention.

I agree....I would check with your Doctor, you sure don't want any medical problems on this cruise!:D

Hope this helps.

This does work, i asked my doctor before our cruise last year and that is what she told me to do. She said you can do that everyother month.

Do any of you know if there is something you can do to assure that you don't get your period during your cruise?

Ohhhhh.....

Well, other than scheduling your cruise so it falls in the middle of your cycle, the only thing i can think of is either going on the shot, or taking birth control pills consecutively so that it "skips" your period.

However, the taking birth control thing doesn't always work and you may experience some spotting or bleeding.

So you start this a couple months before your cruise or just continue as normal only skipping the inactive ones if they fall on the cruise dates?

No do not start a couple of months before the cruise. Just skip the inactive ones if they fall on the cruise dates. My doctor told me if i started a month before our cruise date it may not work the 2nd month.

No do not start a couple of months before the cruise. Just skip the inactive ones if they fall on the cruise dates. My doctor told me if i started a month before our cruise date it may not work the 2nd month.

Thanks! I'll definately remember that if my so called "friend" is supposed to come during my cruise:)

I booked my Elation cruise 30 days out, specifically around my cycle! The minute I touched down in San Diego, I started!! It had only been two weeks. I spent $25 just on kotex, lol. On the ship it was a package of 10 for $4.99. Just yesterday I went to the doctor and got a script for the pill, even though I am almost 45 years old. I have 3 trips(one cruise) coming up before the end of the year, and don't want to have to worry about my cycle.

Marie

continue as normal. If you are in the middle of a pillpack continue taking them until you come to the inactive ones. Then on the first day that you would take an inactive pill (which is the first day after your active pills are done) you will start the active pills on the next pillpack. Continue with that pack until they are gone and you will have a period then. Just remember to get your refill before you leave. Some insurance companies will say it is too early for your refill but if you tell them that you are going to be out of town they will go ahead and refill it. Done this many times! Love my doctor!

continue as normal. If you are in the middle of a pillpack continue taking them until you come to the inactive ones. Then on the first day that you would take an inactive pill (which is the first day after your active pills are done) you will start the active pills on the next pillpack. Continue with that pack until they are gone and you will have a period then. Just remember to get your refill before you leave. Some insurance companies will say it is too early for your refill but if you tell them that you are going to be out of town they will go ahead and refill it. Done this many times! Love my doctor!

Last time I went on my cruise I needed to get a pack and the insurance company told me it was too soon so the pharmacy had to make a few phone calls so I could get my pills.

LOL! And I thought I was the only one who did this. Yep you can ask your doc for the pill. Then make sure while you are ON the cruise, take the active pills even if it means going onto a 2nd pack. (This takes a little convincing at the pharmacy, you have to tell them that you'll be on vacation and you won't be back in time to fill the pill prescription ;) )

So then once you get home, switch to the sugar pills.

Oh the things I learned in health class in college. :D

I take the pill too - Seasonale. It's great because it's a 3 month long prescription. So you only have your period once every 3 months. Best thing I ever did was start taking that pill.

http://www.seasonale.com/

I know there's a nother pill out there that's an extended time between cycles but I can't remember the name.

I take the pill too - Seasonale. It's great because it's a 3 month long prescription. So you only have your period once every 3 months. Best thing I ever did was start taking that pill.

http://www.seasonale.com/

I know there's a nother pill out there that's an extended time between cycles but I can't remember the name.

The only problem with Seasonale in relation to this topic is that Seasonale causes "breakthrough bleeding" in a high number of women who start taking it. So if you were taking the pill just to hold off your period for a cruise and the Seasonale picked THAT week to "breakthrough", then you might not be a happy camper. ;)

LOL! And I thought I was the only one who did this. Yep you can ask your doc for the pill. Then make sure while you are ON the cruise, take the active pills even if it means going onto a 2nd pack. (This takes a little convincing at the pharmacy, you have to tell them that you'll be on vacation and you won't be back in time to fill the pill prescription ;) )

So then once you get home, switch to the sugar pills.

Oh the things I learned in health class in college. :D

No no...don't switch..complete the pack.This is what my doctor said.

Works fine.

The only problem with Seasonale in relation to this topic is that Seasonale causes "breakthrough bleeding" in a high number of women who start taking it. So if you were taking the pill just to hold off your period for a cruise and the Seasonale picked THAT week to "breakthrough", then you might not be a happy camper. ;)

Yeah, I've heard about that but I've never had breakthrough and now after having been on it so long my periods last one day. Guess I'm just one of the lucky ones!! ;)

Great idea about taking the active pills to hold it off though. Never even thought of doing that!

No no...don't switch..complete the pack.This is what my doctor said.

Works fine.

Oh I know...you can complete the pack. I switch so I can get my insurance company to cover the 3rd pack on time. ;) If not, then the pharmacy tries to tell me it's "too early" for my next pack. :rolleyes:

For some reason, this method NEVER works for me. I tried it when i got married......BAM! period. Tried it some other times, same problem.

Apparently, my body is DETERMINED to have a period, no matter what I say. :)

For some reason, this method NEVER works for me. I tried it when i got married......BAM! period. Tried it some other times, same problem.

Apparently, my body is DETERMINED to have a period, no matter what I say. :)

HAHAHAHAHA...that's too bad. You know they have a name for this method...it's actually called "The HONEYMOON Pill"

Guess the Honeymoon Pill didn't work for YOUR honeymoon. :eek:

Well you can hurry up and get to menopause. Of course that comes with its own set of problems.

I don't have that monthly problem anymore but I would ask your local pharmicist. I have heard to something over the counter but can't remember the name of it (see above-- regarding problem) but I'm sure the pharmicist could point you in the right direction.

If all of that fails and you still get your period there is a wonderful product called Instead. It works similar to a diaphram and is terrific for water activites. Unlike a tampon that will get drenched and may leak after long water exposure, the instead creates a "dam".......I use them on lighter days for water activities. Heavy days they tend to need alot of attention and require frequent changing. Also allows mess free mattress dancing, if ya know what I mean:cool:

Sorry that was so in depth. You can get them in Walmart, Target, Walgreens etc in the feminine products area.

Do you think a hysterectomy is too extreme? My cruise is Nov 4 and my Doctor said I have until Monday to decide if I want one on Sept. 29! I have a large fibroid and I get it almost every 2 weeks. If I do it now I can't bowl for 4 or 5 weeks or I can wait until April when bowling is over. UGHH I hate decisions.

Archived