For Women Only- Personal

misssea

I'd suggest doing some research on the subject. Here's a couple of links I found that have this type of info. If you do a search within the websites you should be able to find the info you want.

http://www.essentialoils.co.za/emmenagogue.htm

http://www.essentialoilblog.com/

A great place to purchase is fromnaturewithlove.com

Hope this info is helpful.

I'm really interested in that. Thanks for the links. I will apreciate any other information.

some of you younger people have the luxury to still be on the pill and can control it lol im 49 and dont have to be on pill ...(had that problem taken care of ) but at my age I'm not going back on it for my crusie ( i wont bring white and ill wing it lol ) plus dont go on the pill if your a smoker plz My daughter best friend in her mid 20's smokes and she had a stroke from the pill and smoking its ruined her life :eek: ( both dont go hand in hand im sure none of you all are smokers but just to let ya know in case your a social smoker )

Ask your doctor. Nobody here is a medical expert. Safer that way.

Do any of you know if there is something you can do to assure that you don't get your period during your cruise?

I just saw it at the Target the other day. I looked at the instructions. It said to insert the entire thing into your body and then when it's time to pull it out pull the ribbed ring? :confused: Im confused on that. If the entire thing is in your body how can you pullit out? I would like to try it next time. Please tell me that it's not complicated to pull out.

Not complicated, but a bit tricky until you get the hang of it. The device is a clear plastic disc with a rigid outer ring. You have to squeeze the sides of the ring into a flattened oval to insert it (It comes with detailed directons and diagrams of how to know it's properly "set".) To remove, you have to reach in and catch the edge of the rim with your finger and pull firmly. I have to warn you that the removal process can be very messy. This is not a process for the squeamish and you must be very comfortable with your body.

You might want to try practicing insertion and removal when you're not having your period so you'll be compfortable with the process when you need to rely on it.

I apologize if this is graphic, but I'm not sure how else to explain it.:o

I take a tri-phasil pill (ortho tri cyclene lo) to control my hormones so that skipping the last week of pills and starting the new pill pack thing doesn't work for me. About 4 months before my cruise I figured out where I would be in my cycle and then adjusted my pills. It worked great! I plan to do it again next year when I cruise.

Well thats fine, as long as you just experiment on yourself and it works for you. I think most people prefer to take medication that has been extensively tested and the safety profile is fairly well understood.

Just because something is natural doesn't mean its safe. Most poisons are natural -just have a look at the periodic table.

Just find any information about the percentage of people that have been killed by the effects of some medication that have been extensively tested and believe me you will be surprise. The alternative medicine is very good choice for a lot of people.

In January we went on our first cruise and I wanted to move my period and I wanted to share my story with you all. It's not meant to scare anyone, just inform. I had my tubes tied several years ago and wanted to be put on the pill to move my period around for our trip. I went to the doctor and she put me on the pill for three months, just enough time to move my schedule around in the way I needed it. So I did the BC pill thing and moved my period for the trip. It worked beautifully and had no problems. I finished the pack after we got back and was done with them. Well in March I started having extreme pain in my leg. To make a very long story short...I ended up at the hospital and found out I got a blood clot in my leg. My doctor's first question to me was: "Are you on birth control?". I expalined to him that I was on it for three months. He explained to me that the blood clot I had was a classic textbook side effect of the birth control. I was lucky to have have the clot in the so called "safe zone". I wasn't running the risk of having it break free and go to my lungs or heart. However, the pain was worse than childbirth. I kid you not on that one. I was on medicine for one month, my leg swelled up to two to three times it's normal size, none of my shoes fit and it was this crazy purple/red color, I had to stay off my leg for a week and had to wear a support hose for several months. I am just now getting to where my leg only hurts from time to time. I still have to get another ultrasound to see where things are in a month. So for me it seemed like a good idea to move my period. I will NEVER do that again. I know most people are fine and have no side effects, but for me it was a nightmare and I just wanted to share that with anyone thinking of getting on the pill to move their period.

Just a thought about a possible solution for those having trouble getting their insurance to pay for an extra pack of pills. Most drs, espcially ob/gyn's have a good stock of samples. I bet your docs would give a sample pack to get you through your cruise/vacation. It is worth a try.

When I initally planned my cruise, I did NOT take into consideration of when I'd come on. Luckily, for the past 2 years, with this one being year #3, I have kept a calendar of TOM. I initially started doing this because I figured, one day I may get married and Lord knows I don't want to be on my honeymoon during TOM, or my wedding for that matter. I am not on the pill and have no desire to be on it (I'm on enough pills), so I keep watch with my calendars. I compare them with the month I choose to do something in. My mother joked with me about not having this to worry about at all.

I also think this is a great way for someone who is trying to have a baby. You can tell what your fertility days are by knowing when you come on, and when you go off.

Oh, my sister was on that Seasonal pill, and she started running and didn't stop. The doctor had to prescribe her a medication to make her stop, so be careful.

Erica

Depo-Provera is the "wonder birth control" for me! I used to have horrible cramps (caused by endometriosis) and heavy bleeding. The shot saved me! I haven't seen "Aunt Flo" in eight years! (Every few years, I go off it for 6 months, and never had a mense! Love it!) It's not for everyone, as some people's bodies react differently, and your OB/GYN will let you know if it is right for you. It's the best next thing to menopause-without the mood swings and hot flashes! However, I think I still get those "time-of-the-month" hormonal changes, as three days a month I absolutely need chocolate and ice cream... (Which is convenient on a cruise ship.. he he he...)

Chris :)

Depo can cause early osteoporosis - the FDA has a black box warning on it, so be careful. Also, if you smoke, DON'T take the pill, especially if you're a bit older.

http://www.fda.gov/bbs/topics/ANSWERS/2004/ANS01325.html

For fibroids causing bleeding, there is a simple procedure called "uterine artery embolization" that can be done by a radiologist. This basically cuts off the blood supply to the fibroid that is causing the bleeding, causing the fibroid to shrink and stop misbehaving.

Hi,

I work in a GYN office. My MD gives me a pill (I think it is Provera) to stop my period during my vacation. THere are specific instructions to follow, your GYN will know. Even if I am not planning to get my period during the trip, I fill the Rx anyway, at 38 timing can be weird.

One thing though, please consult with your doctor before changing how you take your meds. Everyones body is different, and your MD knows yours!

Have a great trip!

kim

Seasonal (sp) has worked great for me, 4 periods a year is wonderful!...However, if you've seen the SNL skit about that pill and what happens when you do have your period, I have to say it's all true, I know now when it's coming so I literally mentally prepare myself so I don't inflict harm to myself or others (lol) but let me tell you those first few times I really should have been locked up with a case of gharadelli and a bottle of whiskey, it was like several months of pms and hormones exploding all at once. :eek: Just thought you should know.

We had a cruise last week, and a cruise exactly 28 days later - and I figured out the month before that I'd have my period both cruises. The stress of hurricane evacuations made me early, which is why I didn't know this ahead of time. Well, I attempted to use bd pills to delay my period just by a week - and I've been bleeding for over 3 weeks straight now, including the duration of the cruise we just took. I even had the doctor call in something stronger for me, and that didn't work.

Just be careful, depending on your body the bc pill method won't always work. I think you need to give your body 3 full months before things regulate and spotting/bleeding stops - unfortunately, I just didn't have that much time to play with. I stopped the pills this weekend and I will take my chances with the next cruise!

So what advice can you give someone who is 53 and still gets her period every single month? I so thought that I would of gone through menapaouse by now, but no the evil curse shows up every month. I haven't even bbegan to show signs of menapause at all, so the suggestion of waiting to cruise when you are through menapause isn't working for me, I might be 90 and still having to buy tampons. I also can not use any form of birth control pills since I have a history of blood clots, so I guess there really isn't anything I can do about this? Any suggestions?

So what advice can you give someone who is 53 and still gets her period every single month? I so thought that I would of gone through menapaouse by now, but no the evil curse shows up every month. I haven't even bbegan to show signs of menapause at all, so the suggestion of waiting to cruise when you are through menapause isn't working for me, I might be 90 and still having to buy tampons. I also can not use any form of birth control pills since I have a history of blood clots, so I guess there really isn't anything I can do about this? Any suggestions?

I'm almost 52 and still getting mine too. I've read about some alternatives, but ,like you, I don't like the effects of pills/hormones, and all the surgical things are either too extreme (hysterectomy) or scary (uterine ablation). I've resigned myself to just putting up with it. 40 years of this is TOO long though!!

Depo-Provera is the "wonder birth control" for me! I used to have horrible cramps (caused by endometriosis) and heavy bleeding. The shot saved me! I haven't seen "Aunt Flo" in eight years! (Every few years, I go off it for 6 months, and never had a mense! Love it!) It's not for everyone, as some people's bodies react differently, and your OB/GYN will let you know if it is right for you. It's the best next thing to menopause-without the mood swings and hot flashes! However, I think I still get those "time-of-the-month" hormonal changes, as three days a month I absolutely need chocolate and ice cream... (Which is convenient on a cruise ship.. he he he...)

Chris :)

My friend got pregnant on Depo both times. Now she got her dh to have the snip snip and no more Depo!

I'm almost 52 and still getting mine too. I've read about some alternatives, but ,like you, I don't like the effects of pills/hormones, and all the surgical things are either too extreme (hysterectomy) or scary (uterine ablation). I've resigned myself to just putting up with it. 40 years of this is TOO long though!!

Well for me, I was 39 years old! Just almost overnight! And all natural, no surgery or anything! :D I loved it! It did have some repercussions, and that is the early osteoporosis, and eleven broken bones later!:rolleyes: :eek: But oh, I haven't had to think about it in the last 16 years!!!:D

I started using Nuva ring a few months ago. My doctor wanted my to skip a few periods at a time since I was having really bad migranes due to changes in my hormones during my period. Nuva ring is great because I don't have to worry about taking a pill everyday, I had a problem remembering to take it at times and DH and I are not ready for any babies! I only have to remember once a month now.

It must have been the excitement... I ended up starting mine the day before the cruise!

Two or three times, I'd asked my doctor for assistance for vacation planning... BC makes me bleed! So, I just DEAL with it.

One thing I discovered. If you are on Princess, take quarters with you.

You can go to the duty-free shop to buy a package of tampons. they are off-brand, and cost $4 for a box of 10. That's 40 cents each.

If you go into the public restrooms, there is real Tampax in the dispensers, and they are 25 cents each.

I generally just travel with a goodly supply of feminine stuff, as either I will end up with my period, or someone else will, and I'll have what she needs.

I've used Instead, but I actually prefer, when at home, to use a Diva cup. Not so tricky to position correctly.

I've done this and it works.....

Are you on the pill? If so, you can continue to a second pack the day after you finish your last active pill. (Dont take the inactive ones).Continue the second pack all the way through. This is what my doctor told me to do. Can't hurt you at all.

Hope this helps.

Archived