non-alcoholic drink question

caryatid

My husband and I are considering a NCL cruise for December and I had a question about drink offerings (non-alcoholic) on the ship. I've cruised once before on Carnival, and at breakfast and durring the day there were a variety of juices, iced tea, and lemonaide available at no charge. I was wondering if this was also offered on NCL ships. I do like the occasional drink, but I don't want to drink all day, and I don't drink much soda, so purchasing the soda card would be a poor option. I was just wondering if I was going to have to pony up cash everytime I wanted something other than tap water.

at the buffets

morning: juices, water, coffee, tea, milk (could be other stuff)

afternoons and dinnner: no juices.

if you like juices, get a couple glasses in the morning and keep cold in your refrig.

all dining rooms have coffee, hot or ice tea, milk...speciality coffees.

if the ship has a "blue lagoon", you can get coffee, ice tea, hot tea, milk...all day. blue lagoon is a 23 hour diner...limited menu, on the NCL star it has a self-serve area for dessert breads/cookes and well as the self serve coffee and tea.

one thing, just bring a few cans/small bottles of soda to keep in your refrig. you can bring them aboard with no problems. tap water on the ships is very good.

another trick, bring those envelopes of flavored powders to add to the water..easy way for lemonade or your favorite flavor.

Free liquids:

Grand Buffet:

6am to 11pm

Coffee, Caf and deCaf

Water, Ice

various flavored teas availble as bags

hot chocolate mix

self-serve Espresso / Cappuccino Machines.

Breakfast Hours: Grapefruit Juice, Grape Juice, Orange "Cocktail".

Lunch and Dinner Hours: Iced Tea.

Dining Rooms and Specialty restaurants:

you are served the same set of beverages listed above upon request and at no (additional) charge

All other beverages are charged for.

NCL does offer a pre-paid soda option. You can purchase it up to two weeks in advance of the sail date, or on-board from any open bar. It's currently $93.00. It covers carbonated beverages, Coke and Canada Dry products. Sometimes it will be from the can, sometimes it will be from the "fountain" unit. They affix a sticker (the Jewel used a square Coca-Cola design as of 9/2/97) to your ship ID card.

I thought it was totally worth it (as a Friend of Bill).

Oh yes. There was never any issue with me refilling empty water bottles or coffee thermos mugs in the Grand Buffet. This was especially handy for Shore Excursions. I wasn't ridiculous or over the top about it. I also was careful about not touching the drinking surface to the dispensing surfaces.

I also neglected to mention that room service is free, 24-hours, and the same set of water, tea, coffee options can be sent to your room. KGW

Archived