Beach Cabanas - Princess Cay

jerseygirl3

Can anybody elaborate on the beach cabanas you can rent at Princess Cay? ARe they similar to the ones at Half Moon Cay that HAL has. I see you can rent them for 2 people and there are ones for 6 people (don't seem to be any for 4). The cost difference is significant ($ vs $$$$). Can anybody tell me what they are like and what they cost. I'm not sure what each of the $$ represent.

the 2 person things are "cabanas" which are clamshell, blue canvas shade tents.....they hold two loungers and cost $19 per day...

the 6 person things are bungalows....a real building with 4 chairs and two loungers...shower and air con....and with some dedicated staff to get food and drinks....I hear that the price is at least $100+ per day...someone else can be more precise on the cost

We rented a bungalow last year with 4 other friends (6 of us total) the cost was 200 if I remember. There is another post that deals with this also and you may find more information there, I believe there are links to pictures.

Even though in the post they were asking about cabanas (which are different)

You also get a dedicated server. They bring you lunch (instead of having to go wait in line at the buffet) and they can bring you drinks. There is an air conditioner inside, but it was too beautiful outside to use it :)

I found the snorkeling to be pretty decent around the bungalow area. Saw some fish, and some coral stuff (I know I have pretty low expectations). We had lots of fun. Realize if you rent a bungalow your dedicated staff person will have to leave about an hour or two before you do, as they are the ship staff and have to back on board. They will tell you that at the beginning of your stay, if you rent one.

Have fun with whatever you do!!

I have rented a cabana before on Princess Cays and it's pretty much a waste of money. They are small and hot and fit two lounge chairs but neither one entirely so you are always partly in the sun. I am sailing on the CB again next month and have rented a bungalow for the four of us. (I haven't told the other three yet that I got one.) From everything I have read this is the way to go. We have one person with very fair skin so she will have shade to sit in and since PC is the last day of our cruise I think it will be fun to end with a day of relaxing and being served. The price is $200 for the bungalow which they will allow up to 6 people to use. If you think you might want to try the bungalow you should reserve it ASAP as they do seem to sell out fast. For the cruise I am going on next month they were gone within 2 days of the shore excursions opening up.

How soon before your cruise can you book a bungalow. Is one more desirable than another and can you select which one you want when you reserve it?

you can't book one until you have booked your cruise...and it is considered an "excursion" and excursions to not become available to book until up to 120 days before the cruise, and sometimes closer than that

Just returned from the CB last week, and our friends rented a "Bungalow" for $200 and invited us to share. It was worth the money! They are air-conditioned, and they set a nice table for 6 for lunch. Waiters are constantly bringing you drinks, ice water, soda, etc. They brought several trays of food for lunch and cookies, fruit, etc. This was a very elegant way of spending the day at Princess Cays and I would do it in a Heartbeat! It's pretty awesome!

I have a print-out of HAL's bungalows at their private island and it made it much easier when deciding on which one to book. Is there a site I can go to that shows the location of the various bungalows for Princess. Is one location more desirable than another? And can you select which bungalow you want when you book it or are they assigned randomly?

I think the bungalow is magnificent on Princess Cay .. two things to know .. first if you want one .. get on the waitlist .. we were amazed when it was confirmed about 2 weeks before sailing .. Second .. they say that it is for 6 .. and yes the table is set of 6 and there are 6 loungers etc .. but they bring enough food for about 12-15 and will bring more if needed .. so you can stand to eat or rotate at the table ..

If in fact you go the bungalow route .. I can pretty much guarantee you won't be disappointed !!!

We rented a bungalow this past March and unless they have built more there were only 6 bungalows. As others have pointed out, they are located closest to the snorkeling area - sort of end of the beach so you have very little traffic. The extra service is very nice and no reason to rush to find a good spot on the beach. In addition to bringing food & drinks, they also provided extra beach towels and there is a little "shower" on the side of the building. Great for getting that extra sand off your feet before heading back to the ship. Worth a splurge!

Okay, we've decided we'll definitely get a bungalow. Our cruise isn't until Jan. 2009, so we've got time. But I still haven't gotten an answer to my questions as far as can you select the bungalow you want, or are they randomly assigned. Apparently you need to book is as soon as the shore excursions open up...do I do that online or call Princess?

We had a bungalow with KLLUND and CruzKitty- we went to the shore excursion desk on board, and requested that our bungalows be next to each other - but we were unable to select the specific one that we wanted. There are 6 bungalows - and while we signed up for one as soon as the shore excursions were available, we did not get off the waitlist until about 1 week before the cruise. We booked ours online through the cruise personalizer.

Make sure that you only put ONE bungalow - the price of $199.00 is good for up to 6 people- you do not need to specify how many people you will be having with you until you are on board. You should then get priority tender tickets for the number of people you told them you would have (up to 6). We did not even need to use the priority tender tickets...

I would rent a bungalow again, in a heartbeat!!! The air conditioning and the fresh water shower to rinse off the salt water were fantastic!!! The servers bringing you food/drinks, so you don't have to wait in line was great too!!

The bungalows are on the north end of the island - it is a pretty quiet area - a bit of a walk to get there, but WELL worth it!!

We also brought our ipod, and portable speakers, so we had some music going while there - it was fantastic!!

Make sure you use bug spray!! I used it (they provided some inside the bungalow), but just on the walk from the tender pier to the bungalow, I got attacked by sand fleas - we were on the island on 9/15, and the bug bites are just now almost healed for me - a friend of mine- her bites are still as bad as they were when we got bit!!

I am sure you will LOVE the bungalow!! It made the day there that much more perfect!!

I have rented a cabana before on Princess Cays and it's pretty much a waste of money. They are small and hot and fit two lounge chairs but neither one entirely so you are always partly in the sun. I am sailing on the CB again next month and have rented a bungalow for the four of us. (I haven't told the other three yet that I got one.) From everything I have read this is the way to go. We have one person with very fair skin so she will have shade to sit in and since PC is the last day of our cruise I think it will be fun to end with a day of relaxing and being served. The price is $200 for the bungalow which they will allow up to 6 people to use. If you think you might want to try the bungalow you should reserve it ASAP as they do seem to sell out fast. For the cruise I am going on next month they were gone within 2 days of the shore excursions opening up.

Hey Barbara,

Thanks for the info, I did not realize the cabanas were the clamshell "thingees", or as the say in the Bahamas, "t'ingum".

I cancelled mine after reading your post, thought they were straw thatch cabanas...enjoy your bungalow!!!!

DW and I have decided to stay on ship. When you are from beach and sand locales, this stop doesn't make much sense. ;)

Archived