Chase Suites - Tampa Florida

GMC

I have booked a room at the Chase Suites in December for a precruise stay. ANYONE have any info...good/bad/ugly, is it in a safe area??

Thanks for the help!!

Spendour of the Seas Dec 11, 2004

Hi we stayed there Feb 2003 pre and post cruise. It was very nice and a great area. It is off the Causeway leading to Clearwater. There are several other hotels in area(all together). The suites are right on water. There is a Bahama Breeze next door. There also was a small store to buy necessities right next door.The hotel offers an airport shuttle as well as courtesy car. They also offered a great free breakfast. It was extremely clean. We got it on Hotwire for a great price. It was about $20 taxi ride to port....20 minutes away if that.

It is a great value.

• 3 weeks later...

We just booked there ship to shore package with a two room suite. Great deal in my book with ride from the airport to the hotel, the hotel to the port and then when we return they will take you back to the airport. Also breakfast in the morning. Since we are staying two nights she gave us a cheaper rate for the first night and then the cruise rate the second night which saved us even more. Ended up being $300 for two nights but we are spliting the room with another couple. If you take out about $70-$80 for taxi's or a shuttle with tips and breakfast you get a room for about $60.00 for two night's. Not to bad if you look at it this way. The reservationist during the day was very helpfull and had lots of ideas oin things for us to do prior to and after the cruise. I will put a review of the hotel after our cruise in Decmber.

....Yes, Chase Suites assured us that free parking is available to us during the length of our cruise. I was referred to the Chase Suites by a family who had cruised out of Tampa last year. They were very satisfied with the room, service, staff, and the added bonuses of free parking and transports to/from hotel-ship. We will be staying at the Chase Suites this December as we cruise on the Miracle over Christmas.

Mick:)

• 8 years later...
Do you happen to know the names of the "other places" in the area to stay?

The Chase Suites Rocky Point is located next to the Hampton Inn RP and Holiday Inn Express RP. All three are just a short walk across the parking lot to the Bahama Breeze Restaurant. All three hotels have a very similiar cruise pkg. They are all located to the west of TIA and about a 15 min shuttle ride to the port. You can't go wrong with either choice; I would judge it upon the rate.

:)

Archived