Shuttle from Costa Med to Dubrovnik

juscrusin

juscrusin,

We returned from a Med cruise on Costa Mediterranea in July. We actually tendered into the old harbor. This was great because we just walked right into old town. The entrance to the wall was maybe a 3-5 minute walk. There was one other ship in port that day, HAL, and they were docked in Gruz Harbor. The shuttle ride from Gruz harbor to the old town is about 10 minutes. I'm not sure how it's decided which ships get the prime tender position and I imagine it depends on how many ships are in port that day. I was pleasantly surprised at our good fortune though.

Have a wonderful trip. Dubrovnik is just a jewel.

Thank you MPB43! We're looking forward to it! We sail away on Monday.

BTW, do you recall anything unusual about the shuttle bus arrangement for Mykonos? I read in one of the other posts that there was extreme chaos and disorganization as to where to pick up the return shuttle from Mykonos back to the ship, and that it was unclear as to which shuttle bus was servicing which ship. What was your experience in this port?

Thanks!

juscrusin,

This was our first cruise, and overall, I was very impressed with the efficiency of the tendering process and shuttles. Mykonos was definitely the exception. There were 6 ships in port, and many people were trying to return to their respective ships at the same time.

I think if Costa had somehow made the location of their buses more apparent, all would have been well. Once we found the Costa buses, they were plentiful and leaving quickly. However, initially, there were literally hundreds of people trying to get on a couple of buses. They was some pushing, and people were standing in front of the buses preventing them from leaving. After witnessing this chaos for a few minutes, we heard someone should loudly "The Mediterranea buses are over there!"

Luckily, this was the only crowded port for us. Most of our port stops had only one or two ships.

By the way, Mykonos was lovely!

Archived