Free Samsonite Luggage, $75-$100 SBC - $25 SBC for late brochure - What's going on??

GottoCruise

Well - I learn something new every day from thru TA (from Princess) -

Now I hear that even if 2 PAX ( not a couple) get the Promo in each of their Capt. Circle Accounts - for the luggage - only 1 pc. of luggage is allowed per cabin! :mad:

BUT - the 'Goldmine Promo' is allowed for both if it is each Capt. Circle Account. :)

AND, if you both got BOTH Promos - you can pick and choose :rolleyes: but not get BOTH ??

My TA is still straightening out this mess - Besides Re-Booking a bunch of cabins - I had to switch (2) 'cousins' around to a cabinmate that had no Luggage Promo offered, so that each girl could receive their luggage as overred.;)

I didn't want to lose 1 pc. of luggage as I had already told each girl that they were getting one.

My poor TA ! :o -

I should be done with all this after the revised Booking receipts come thru.

For our Family cruise to Alaska in Aug. 2008 - We have altogether gotten (6) Goldmine Promos and (4) pcs. of Luggage (I hope!!!)

I'll believe it when I see it!!!

These are all first time cruisers - those that cruised before did not get anything!!!

How is everyone else doing with this???

Renee (aka GottoCruise)

it is all very confusing - here is my experience...we are 1st time Princess cruisers booked on 9/12 for a aug 08 cruise...

got the luggage email the day AFTER I booked, but my TA called and Princess honored it. TA was told that I would get 2 pieces of luggage in my stateroom on day of embarkation. This is conflicting info to what others were told, so it remains to be seen. TA said she got a confirmation, but I don't know if it is faxed or what. I do still have a copy of the original email from Princess.

OBC - never have seen anything in our accounts, but I'm not sure If I even am looking in the right place to see it (is it the circle saving account info on the left had side of the 'my princess' screen?). I thought the captain's circle was for repeat cruisers but it sounds like that is where the promo code is showing up for new cruisers??? I did ask my TA and she called Princess several times to talk to different people to see if she could get anywhere with the code that has been posted here, but they all wanted some 9 digit code or a pa2 or pt2 code...so got nowhere with that.

it is all very confusing - here is my experience...we are 1st time Princess cruisers booked on 9/12 for a aug 08 cruise...

got the luggage email the day AFTER I booked, but my TA called and Princess honored it. TA was told that I would get 2 pieces of luggage in my stateroom on day of embarkation. This is conflicting info to what others were told, so it remains to be seen. TA said she got a confirmation, but I don't know if it is faxed or what. I do still have a copy of the original email from Princess.

OBC - never have seen anything in our accounts, but I'm not sure If I even am looking in the right place to see it (is it the circle saving account info on the left had side of the 'my princess' screen?). I thought the captain's circle was for repeat cruisers but it sounds like that is where the promo code is showing up for new cruisers??? I did ask my TA and she called Princess several times to talk to different people to see if she could get anywhere with the code that has been posted here, but they all wanted some 9 digit code or a pa2 or pt2 code...so got nowhere with that.

I feel like an expert after dealing with this for 17 PAX on our Aug. cruise to Alaska..........

#1. You will NOT get (2) pcs. of luggage - only 1 per cabin - and if you read the fine print in the offer you got it, does say (1) per household!

#2. If you are talking about the 'Goldmine Promotion' it was a random mailing and you will find it listed if you click on My Princess - you have to click on details and the Capt. Circle account will show up. You were assigned a Capt. Circle number when you booked your first cruise.

If there is a 'Promotional Code' on your Capt. Circle acct. it will be for the luggage or the Goldmine ($100 for each person in the cabin that has it listed in his/her Capt. Circle acc't. for Outside and up - $75 pp for Inside)

The Goldmine Promotiion will say $75 to $100 on My Princess - The Luggage Promotion just has a number.

#3. You cannot have both the Goldmine and the Luggage Promo - even if you get BOTH in your Capt. Circle Acc't. - You can choose which you want.

#4. In our case, where we could choose, we chose the Goldmine Promo for Shipboard Credit. I looked up the Samsonite Luggage on the web and it looked OK - but I am not too excited about the BLUE color and the fact that it is only 24" expandable. I use a 26" expandable or one that I can carry aboard and that would be 20" (I think).

We do have 4 Luggage pcs. coming to our group, since those Pax had no choice - Luggage will be mailed to home addresses 30 days before sailing.

FYI - If you look at discount luggage web sites, you can purchase good luggage at a reasonable price. I would go to a Dept. Store and look at whats available & then go to the web and order. :rolleyes:

#5. I would suggest you call Princess Capt. Circle yourself and find out just what is on your record.

I am happy with what family members received...........but note that we are Elite with over 32 cruises and did not receive anything! I believe Princess is targeting first time cruisers - some past passengers might have slipped through the cracks - and if so, I am happy for them!

Good Luck! :)

Renee (aka GottoCruise)

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone actually received the luggage? My sailing is exactly 30 days out. I called princess and they said (two seperate calls) that there has been a delay. Luggage won't start to be shipped out until the last week in November. It will probably be at my house by the time I get home. NO offer of any other promotion, etc. What do I need another set of luggage to find a place to store? I really didn't need another set of luggage any how!

Has anyone actually received the luggage? My sailing is exactly 30 days out. I called princess and they said (two seperate calls) that there has been a delay. Luggage won't start to be shipped out until the last week in November. It will probably be at my house by the time I get home. NO offer of any other promotion, etc. What do I need another set of luggage to find a place to store? I really didn't need another set of luggage any how!

Don't get too excited, it isn't a set of luggage but one piece of luggage that is being given.

Those Pax that received the offer of luggage (1st time Princess cruisers only) also received the Goldmine Promo ($75-$100 OBC) & they had their choice of which they preferred.

You might try and ask the Rep. at Princess if you could have the Goldmine Promo instead of the luggage??

Good Luck!:rolleyes:

I got a $25 a person credit (2 of us)for the late brochure, ($so 50!)however on the booking I did direcltly w/ princess by phone, first there was a specila promo for just $25. for the booking,then when I told the reservationist "what about the 50 for us I got in the mail": she woudlnt credit it and said show the letter when you board, " but I'd rather have it straightend out before, so I think after reading these posts I'm gonna ake a call! I want it all too !!!and what luggage ?? hmm

My TA on 10/29 got the $25PP credit applied to my OBC account with a fax/call to Princess it's already on my OBC account and the letter says for 2007/2008 cruises. Princess applied it to my 2009 cruise. That being said that is the cruise that I replaced for the cruise Princess canceled that was fully booked and Carnival Corp. made the business decision to cancel a fully booked ship from the US Princess line to the P&O line. I have no clue if that is why the credit was allowed to be placed on a 2009 cruise but, taking a wild guess on this. I expected them to apply it to my 2008 cruise...but this is better.

When I printed my cruise docs through personilizer, I have discovered the luggage offer under "Special Services". I really don't need more luggage and wanted to switch to OBC, but after speaking with TA and Princess I was told that the luggage is the only thing they can offer.

Does anybody know what the Goldmine Promo code number is? May be if I have that, I can pester them into giving me a choice?

Thank you in advance for any info!

When I printed my cruise docs through personilizer, I have discovered the luggage offer under "Special Services". I really don't need more luggage and wanted to switch to OBC, but after speaking with TA and Princess I was told that the luggage is the only thing they can offer.

Does anybody know what the Goldmine Promo code number is? May be if I have that, I can pester them into giving me a choice?

Thank you in advance for any info!

01017167 earned 9/24/07

01017167 earned 09/24/07 amount $75-100 <-- think this is it

Whoo-ee! Thank you all. I looked up my Circle Savings account - after reading all the postings here - and found the two codes listed as "Active". Called Princess and after much discussion as to the fact that we booked too early to apply the promotion code, she spoke with a supervisor and they agreed to offer us one or the other (luggage or $$). WOW - $200 for the two of us helps a bunch on our 31 night Whittier/Bangkok Diamond Princess cruise next September. And our cabin has gone up almost $2000 pp (balcony cabin) since we booked it AND is waitlist only. We got a bargain and it's getting even better. SO -- thanks everybody. This is going to be a great 1st Princess cruise for us.:D

some of my family group (lst time cruisers only) did get both Promos (Goldmine & Luggage)

I will be VERY anxious to see if anyone posts when they eventually get BOTH Promos (since I was told it was not possible ????....Not that I'm going to carry on w/Princess over the Luggage.... Perhaps if it were Black instead of 'Sky Blue -Maybe??;) )

PLEASE let us know whenever the Luggage arrives........I would appreciate it since I started the thread after all..............

Renee (aka GotToCruise)

i still don't understand how some 1st time cruisers got the goldmine since you have to have a circle savings account number and you don't get that until after you have cruised...

also, it seems some got the goldmine by just calling in the code number even though they didn't have it in their personal account - or did i misunderstand?

i still don't understand how some 1st time cruisers got the goldmine since you have to have a circle savings account number and you don't get that until after you have cruised...

also, it seems some got the goldmine by just calling in the code number even though they didn't have it in their personal account - or did i misunderstand?

You get a Capt. Circle number as soon as you book....... the Goldmine and the Luggage Promos were under that number!......

Some new cruisers did not know enough (or how to) to look for it---but if they got it...it was on their Capt. Circle record.

The PAST PASSENGERS, (like me with 33 cruises and almost 500 days )were left out!!!:eek:

Isn't the fuel surcharge annoying?..........There goes all my hard work getting the Goldmine for some of the new cruisers in my family cruise group!! - of course I would trade in the Luggage for the Goldmine - but I had no way to do that unless the Goldmine was also in their record :rolleyes:

I guess we'll see a lot of 'Sky Blue' (UGH :p ) luggage on the docks after a Princess cruise!!

Renee (aka GotToCruise)

Archived