Port of L.A.

brady19

I am thinking of booking the Celebrity Summit, 14 day Panama Canal Cruise on Jan 5. It leaves from LA. I was thinking of going to Disneyland for a day or 2 pre-cruise. Does anyone know how far it is from Disney to the Port. And if I can take a cab or shuttle from Dis to the Port.

I am thinking of booking the Celebrity Summit, 14 day Panama Canal Cruise on Jan 5. It leaves from LA. I was thinking of going to Disneyland for a day or 2 pre-cruise. Does anyone know how far it is from Disney to the Port. And if I can take a cab or shuttle from Dis to the Port.

It's about 34 miles from Disneyland to the Cruise Terminal in San Pedro...Harbor Blvd. North to the 5 North to the 91 West to the 110 South to Harbor Blvd., San Pedro---off the ramp and straight ahead to the pier.

Of course you can take a cab or shuttle, but you may need to arrange the pick-up in advance...Or, if you're staying at a Disney hotel or at one of the major Anaheim hotels, have the front desk arrange for a cab.

Also, if you are visiting Disney pre-cruise, you might consider flying in to John Wayne Airport in Irvine/Costa Mesa--only about 15 miles from Disneyland...

Bruin, we live in Palm Springs but going out of San Diego and are staying at the HI Bayside on 4875 N Harbor BLVD. Once we get into San Diego,the map is bringing us down 1-8 W, left on Sunset Cliffs, Left on Nimitz, Right on Harbor. It looks pretty direct, do you know an easier way.

Left on Nimitz, LEFT ON LOWELL, Right on Harbor...

Yeah, that would be it...

But, why are you staying there?

You're across on the other side of the airport, between Shelter Island and Harbor Island...I know a lot of folks on here like the Holiday Inn...but the OTHER Holiday Inn ("on the Bay"--1355 North Harbor Drive), the one near the cruiseship terminal...

But, of course, you will have a car with you, so you can stay anywhere in the area...lots of nicer hotels and better locations...

Originally, we were going to drive in, with another couple which would have been their 1st cruise, but they had to cancel. The reason we chose the HI Bayside, one of our Roll Call members, was able to get a group rate and Park & Cruise package. With the car $ 129 + tx, 10 days free with car, then $ 5/day thereafter. If we stayed at the HI on the Bay we were looking at $20/Day for our car + $ 200/night. Also we are having a Pre Cruise Bday Party and dinner. We are set up to make our Reserv. under our Roll Call name.

Driving for us would be abt 2 hrs 20 min. The other factor, when I figured in just leaving our car, we were better off staying at the Hotel and relax.

Gay Palm Springs

Archived