Back to Nature Tours - Dunedin, NZ

jalaw

Has anyone used the Back to Nature Tours company to tour Dunedin, the wildlife on Otago Peninsula and Larnach castle? I like their proposed itinerary and their flexibility, but would like some candid feedback from previous customers. I've considered the popular Elm Wildlife tours, but am concerned about the physical requirements for our retired party of 4, plus the fact that their itinerary has no time for touring Dunedin.

We are cruising with Celebrity Mercury, departing Auckland on Feb. 3, and spending Saturday, Feb. 9 in Dunedin. Would anyone want to join us for a private tour?

Thanks!

Joyce

The Dunedin Back to Nature Tour sounds like a good possibility. Anyone been on that and have any info as to price...what it involves etc. My husband and I will be in port with Celebrity on Feb. 8, 2008. Sandy

We have booked Back to Nature for our November Statendam arrival. Best to email Chris Roberts directly for pricing, options, etc.

www.backtonaturetours.co.nz

A group of us booked with BTN last Febuary. We a had a wonderful day and enjoyed seeing a lot more than most on our ship. I've forgotten our guides name but he was a great host (Cris I think) and really made our trip. We toured the city before going out onto the Peninsula. Lanarch Castle was a highlight as were the yellow-head penguins. I think we paid around $150NZD each for everything. Dunedin is a great place to visit, there is so much to see there, the buildings are beautiful.:)

The Dunedin Back to Nature Tour sounds like a good possibility. Anyone been on that and have any info as to price...what it involves etc. My husband and I will be in port with Celebrity on Feb. 8, 2008. Sandy

I plan on going with Back to Nature Tours - Chris has been very responsive and flexible in planning an itinerary for us that is not too physically demanding. He also received a high recommendation from Ron Laughlin, an American who has lived & traveled in NZ for several years now. He provides assistance to people planning their private itineraries.

The van accommdates up to 9-10 I believe, and the more people with us, the less expensive it will be!

Please email me at ja.law@comcast.net, and I'll forward his emails with details and pricing. I plan to book it today.

Archived