Catching A Last Minute Sale?

Rowan555

The Fantasy has been selling out well this year, so there haven't been many last minute deals to speak of. Last year my PVP called me a week before sailing and I took my kids on a 5 day cruise for $450! I don't expect anything like this, but I'm wondering if any of you last minute cruisers have a strategy for snagging the deals. Do you ask your PVP to call you, or do you just check pricing every day as a sailing date draws near?

My husband just informed me he will be out of town from Monday through Friday the week of my birthday, so I'd love to take the kids on another cruise because it will SURE make the time go faster while he's gone! Okay, that's just an excuse, but I would love to go regardless. Since we've got 4 cruises already booked, I can't justify a full price cruise - but a discounted one I think I could swing ;)

Any tips, hints, etc would be much appreciated.

Funny, I was just about to post the same questrion. I have some extra vacation time this year (it rolls from year to year), I was was thinking of surprising the wife with a last minute cruise. However, looking at a cruise that we could drive to (such as Galveston, N.O.) I haven't seen many "gotta do it" type of deals. I'm assuming its because these ships are selling well, if not out!

So, please any suggestions for the flexible traveler? :p

The Fantasy has been selling out well this year, so there haven't been many last minute deals to speak of. Last year my PVP called me a week before sailing and I took my kids on a 5 day cruise for $450! I don't expect anything like this, but I'm wondering if any of you last minute cruisers have a strategy for snagging the deals. Do you ask your PVP to call you, or do you just check pricing every day as a sailing date draws near?

My husband just informed me he will be out of town from Monday through Friday the week of my birthday, so I'd love to take the kids on another cruise because it will SURE make the time go faster while he's gone! Okay, that's just an excuse, but I would love to go regardless. Since we've got 4 cruises already booked, I can't justify a full price cruise - but a discounted one I think I could swing ;)

I would call your PVP and tell him the date you are available and ask him to watch for a special.

I decided that just for grins I would call Carnival to check out day-of-sailing prices for ships out of Galveston. So far, I haven't gotten anywhere.

I called Saturdayfor the Ecstasy -- completely sold out. They said I could go down to the port and see if anyone didn't show up and jump on at the last minute (WHO in their right mind would NOT show up for their cruise?? :eek: )

Then I called Sunday for the Conquest -- there was only one cabin available, but only for 3 people and I asked for 4. So I didn't even get to the point of asking how much it was.

How possible is it to find last minute specials for summer cruises (Galveston or New Orleans) ? Or would that be pushing it...

Hey lady!!

Galveston seems to be having great success filling up the ships and higher cruise prices. Although not impossible I am sure, New Orleans would probably be easier.....

Archived