We're All on this Board for the Same Thing...

Stircrzy

...to read how other people are losing, to brag about our losses, to find someone to commiserate with us when we don't lose, to learn tips and tricks about losing.

But, most of all, we're here because we have a cruise booked, plan to book a cruise, or love to cruise.

Whatever your "program"...the best of luck to you!

I sail away tomorrow...10 lbs less than I was a month ago. Thanks for giving me a place to whine, brag, and dwell while waiting to leave.

Stircrzy, have a wonderful trip. Great that you have lost 10 pounds..I'm sure that your clothes look so much better on you!!

Question since you live in Galveston. We have reservations at the Galvez and I read a few negatives about the hotel. Do you know it? Would you recommend it? Thanks

When the Mitchells owned the Galvez and the Tremont House they were both hotels of fine vintage, with personalized service and the customer was ALWAYS right.

They (and Harbor House at Pier 21) have all been bought by the Wyndham Group. While still lovely and recently restored, they've become part of a "chain"...and all that goes with that.

That said...

The Galvez is a gorgeous hotel on the Seawall, across 4 lanes of traffic from the ocean, as are most of the hotels along the Seawall. It is still a beautiful place and worth visiting. I stopped staying there when they stopped allowing my little blind poodle to stay....so I made Mr. Man buy me a beach house! :)

If you have some time in Galveston, be sure to ride the Trolley, visit the Strand District, take the Galveston Ghost Walk, and visit some of the homes along Broadway or Silk Stocking Row!

Thanks for your kind words about my weight loss. I have another 20 lbs. to lose...and another cruise already booked for March, so I'll be back on the board when I return.

Thanks for your kind words about my weight loss. I have another 20 lbs. to lose...and another cruise already booked for March, so I'll be back on the board when I return.

Have a great cruise:) I'll be out there with you some were. I leave 9/5 t0 9/20. Ditto about these boards. Another 20 pounds lose , another cruise Sounds about right:)

Archived