All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Sandi (or anyone else), please tell me if you get a lot of bouncy motion (from the ship, not from the people! :rolleyes: ) or vibration or engine noise in the aft wrap on the Miracle. I am prone to seasickness.....not real bad, but I'd like a smooth ride if possible. Also, did you notice any fumes from the fuel back there? Your help will be greatly appreciated!

I didn't stay in the aft but that section will have more motion than the midship section, but the bow will be the worst. If the seas are rough you will feel it no matter where you are on the ship. The seas vary from day to day so I can't say if you will hit bad weather or not. On my sailing we had one bad day and I felt it more in the bow section. I specifically picked a midship cabin because I don't like lot's of motion.

You could post a thread asking about that specific cabin. I know of another poster (Mr.Pete) who has stayed in those aft cabin several times so I'm sure he can tell you exactly how it is.

Thanks again, Sandi. I guess it doesn't matter, anyway, since I checked "my sailing" again, and the aft cat. 11's are gone. Oh well! I guess it wasn't meant to be. There were some available last night!

Those cabins go very fast. What type of cabin will you get now? A regular balcony?

All of the 9A's are still available. The closest 11 to midship is 6175. Do you think that is too far forward, regarding movement? I'm wondering which area would be the smoothest, where the 9A's are (near aft), or 6175, which is more forward? I know this ship is long and narrow, so it seems to me that the more forward you are, the more movement you're going to get. What was your cabin #?

All of the 9A's are still available. The closest 11 to midship is 6175. Do you think that is too far forward, regarding movement? I'm wondering which area would be the smoothest, where the 9A's are (near aft), or 6175, which is more forward? I know this ship is long and narrow, so it seems to me that the more forward you are, the more movement you're going to get. What was your cabin #?

The 6175 is not that far forward. We were on the Legend last year (sister ship) and were in cabin 6149. That was more forward and we really felt the movement on the rough day. This trip on the Miracle we were in 5204, right smack midship. I loved that location, but like I said on a rough day you will still feel it anywhere, just you will feel it more in the foreward section. At least I felt it more. What do those 9A's look like? I don't know anything about them except that they are larger than the regular balcony cabins.

Is it a must that you have a balcony cabin? The cabins on the Riviera midship probably have the least motion but those are all insides and oceanviews.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry about the motion too much. Just take some bonine or dramamine and you will be fine. I also hear that those ginger pills are very good too. You may not even have any rough days. We only had one (the second day out). After that it was smooth sailing the rest of the way down and all the way back to NY.

We had no problems with movements on the Miracle last year in room 6175. Everything was easy to get to from that room and I'm hoping to get it again soon!

I don't know when your going but you probably want to cruise during nice weather season so you have less chance of rocking to much.:D

We had no problems with movements on the Miracle last year in room 6175. Everything was easy to get to from that room and I'm hoping to get it again soon!

I don't know when your going but you probably want to cruise during nice weather season so you have less chance of rocking to much.:D

You could have rocking at any time. We sailed the beginning of June and one day was rough and it wasn't even raining out. Just very windy. High winds will make the seas rough.

You could have rocking at any time. We sailed the beginning of June and one day was rough and it wasn't even raining out. Just very windy. High winds will make the seas rough.

Yeap you never know what the weathers going to be like. Last year on the Miracle in Oct. we never got the chance to wear our sun glasses or lay out in the sun. The sun was probably only seen once for a few seconds. It rained almost every day but we still had a fantastic time on the Miracle. If the weather is'nt great we just run and workout even more, this is more healthy lifestyle than to much sun.:D

We were assigned 7128 which is further forward than we have ever had so I hope it is not too much motion for us!! Anyone stayed in this vicinity ?? Any comments??

Our other cabin is way down the hall 7226 - seems pretty good for a guarantee cabin.

Looking forward to any comments if anyone has been in either of these areas - thanks and this is a great thread!

Yeap you never know what the weathers going to be like. Last year on the Miracle in Oct. we never got the chance to wear our sun glasses or lay out in the sun. The sun was probably only seen once for a few seconds. It rained almost every day but we still had a fantastic time on the Miracle. If the weather is'nt great we just run and workout even more, this is more healthy lifestyle than to much sun.:D

We just returned from a Glory cruise, and the weather was absolutely perfect. It rained/sprinkled a few times, but never while we were in port. We are booking the eastern Caribbean next Oct., hoping for the same weather. But I guess you just have to take what you get, because no one can predict what Mother Nature will dish out in any given month. :rolleyes: Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise anyway. BTW, we will be cruising the Miracle out of Ft. Lauderdale.

We just returned from a Glory cruise, and the weather was absolutely perfect. It rained/sprinkled a few times, but never while we were in port. We are booking the eastern Caribbean next Oct., hoping for the same weather. But I guess you just have to take what you get, because no one can predict what Mother Nature will dish out in any given month. :rolleyes: Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise anyway. BTW, we will be cruising the Miracle out of Ft. Lauderdale.

We have taken about 10 cruises in Oct. and the cruise I mentioned last year was the only bad weather we experienced during this month. It's normally fantastic weather in Oct. cruise and may have a small storm pass through but the sun comes right back out normally.

We are leaving FLL on the Miracle cruise too in Dec. and we were on the Glory last like you. :D

Thanks, runcassrun. That is good to know!

Sandi, someone posted this link to their Spirit class 9A pics:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=10q6e9zr.78zwfjjn&Uy=qec9m6&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&UV=55135239924_787772644503

Looks like a huge balcony!

That cabin looks really nice. Maybe you should take that one.

Thankfully, one of our Roll Call members finally checked in from Southern California. They'd evacuated on Monday morning. Their house was saved although many others in their neighborhood were lost. We're just happy to hear from them and glad they made it through the fire!

We were assigned 7128 which is further forward than we have ever had so I hope it is not too much motion for us!! Anyone stayed in this vicinity ?? Any comments??

Our other cabin is way down the hall 7226 - seems pretty good for a guarantee cabin.

Looking forward to any comments if anyone has been in either of these areas - thanks and this is a great thread!

I'm in cabin 7158 which is pretty close to yours. I like the front of the ship, I like the rocking. I actually like the front better than the aft as the rocking is soothing to me and towards the back I feel more vibration. To be honest, I don't really feel too much of anything since the stabilizers are so good on these newer ships.

I'm in cabin 7158 which is pretty close to yours. I like the front of the ship, I like the rocking. I actually like the front better than the aft as the rocking is soothing to me and towards the back I feel more vibration. To be honest, I don't really feel too much of anything since the stabilizers are so good on these newer ships.

Hiya NG. :D

Actually on the one rough day that we had those stabilizers didn't help. The ship was really rocking. My husband and I were walking through the halls and we were going from one side to the other. We were both laughing cause we looked like we were drunk. :p

First, let me say I somewhat new to these boards, I've only posted a few questions in the past. I would also like to say thank you for starting this thread, it has a wealth of info. :)

My question is, where are the laundry facilites on the Miracle? I've serched the deck plans and I'm not seeing them listed. :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rob

First, let me say I somewhat new to these boards, I've only posted a few questions in the past. I would also like to say thank you for starting this thread, it has a wealth of info. :)

My question is, where are the laundry facilites on the Miracle? I've serched the deck plans and I'm not seeing them listed. :confused:

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rob

Hi Rob, Welcome to CC. :) Glad to have you here.

Yes the Miracle has a laundry room on each deck also equipped with irons and an ironing board.

Hi Sandi - Again thank you for starting this thread. I'm so excited for my upcoming cruise. I'm driving everyone around me crazy (more than usual). :D

To NCT - My mother who gets terribly seasick seems to always be ok on cruise ships, even in rough weather. She takes a ginger pill every morning and every evening and she's fine.

Archived