All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

We just got off of the Miracle a week ago. Take a sweater. This was our

4th cruise, and by far the coldest ship I've ever been on. It was just me, it's pretty bad when a guy at the card table tells the bar waiter no thanks, I need to get warm first. Now I know why all the dealers wear long sleeves.

Had no trouble with the Miracle in 2007. It wasn't cold at all. Very comfortable.

I had that problem on the Triumph in 2005. That too me was the coldest ship. It was like an icebox. Your room and every where else was freezing and it was a trip to New England/Canada in September. They had also just came out of dry dock so go figure. Mary49

So my future husband and I will be on the Miracle April 7th. It's for our honeymoon. It's our first time cruising. From anyone that has went to Belize before did anyone do a snorkeling excursion through Carnival? There are three different reef ones to pick from and I don't know which one I want to do. Also since it's our honeymoon I don't really want to have to sit with other people at dinner (also my fiance doesn't really like talking to people he doesn't know). Can I call my carnival travel planner and request that we have a table for two or is that something you do once you board?

This will be our first time on the Miracle. Do they sell those pretty shawls in the gift shop? I bought the purse instead of the shawl on my last cruise and have been sorry ever since because I could have used it so many times. This cruise if they have them I am buying one, or maybe two....

Can I call my carnival travel planner and request that we have a table for two or is that something you do once you board?

Cant help you with Belieze-- but check out the port of calls board which will give you lots of information. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=109

As for the table for 2-- have your agent note it on your reservation.

When you check in on the ship you will be given a blue sign and sail card which will note the time and table # for dining- Go there ASAP to check that table and if it is not a table for two you want to make a note to where the Marte D will be stationed so you can make changes.

Hi Sandi and everyone else!

I know, I've been quiet on this thread. Am looking forward to our next cruise on the Miracle May 9th, aft wrap around, can't wait! For anyone wanting it, here's the link to our website we made about our cruise on the Miracle with tips in categories!

http://www.prucha.com/modules.php?name=Cruise_Mania

I know, I've been quiet on this thread. Am looking forward to our next cruise on the Miracle May 9th, aft wrap around, can't wait! For anyone wanting it, here's the link to our website we made about our cruise on the Miracle with tips in categories!

WOW nice web page everything i needed to know was there thanx.:D

The Miracle does not go through the locks in Panama but you can either take a tour to go through - or do what alot of our group did, take a cab to the Canal and watch the ships go through. It is a pretty amazing sight.

As a first timer (Miracle @ May 17th!), that is an amazing resource for me, thank you for making it! I think I read all your tips and making mental notes.

I noticed you visited the same ports that I'll be going to, could you recommend any exercusions for San Juan or St. Thomas?

In San Juan we did our own thing which included going into town, shopping and then to Senor Frogs which was a blast. We got in to the port at 3 so it's too late to try getting to the forts which close either 4 or 5. We're headed back there May 08 and our plan is basically remaining the same.

In St. Thomas, there are a ton of excursions. We went on the Seablaster and it was great fun, several hours, a fast and fun ride for about 45 minutes to get to snorkeling (yes, you will get wet!) and then some rum punch on the way back or regular punch if you prefer! Staff was great, met us right at the end of the pier right on time. This time we're snorkeling in 2 different areas so it's a much longer snorkeling excursion. If you aren't use to snorkeling, careful not to get burned cause your back will burn and you won't realise it.

The Miracle does not go through the locks in Panama but you can either take a tour to go through - or do what alot of our group did, take a cab to the Canal and watch the ships go through. It is a pretty amazing sight.

Thanks, I guess I will have to decide - go through the canal on an excursion, or cab there and watch everyone else go through it.Hmmmmmm, I wonder which is better.

Hi I have been reading through the pages but need some help.. We are traveling the miracle May 1 and my 3 yr old dtr has some medications which need to be kept inthe fridge.. I called carnival and they said they dont have fridges and the mini bar isnt cold? is that true? the mini bars arent cold?? She told me they would keep the ice bucket filled for us which seems kinda risky with for a medication...

also does anyone know anything about how they handle special dietary restrictions? She also has an allergy to dairy.. do they offer soy milk etc or should I just bring my own?

thanks for any assistance!

these posts are so informative and helpful I feel like I know the ship b4 we even get on!

Boopie1026-We were on the Miracle last month - 34 of us - and we all had bar fridges in our rooms - even the inside cabins on Riviera deck.

Haven't been on the Miracle but on her sister the Legend. The bar fridges were not COLD and that is what Carnival told her. My understanding is that Carnival will store medications.

Boopie1206, I'd make sure there was soy milk available otherwise I'd bring my own.

Last May my parents went with us on the Miracle and my dad has diabetes badly so he uses insulin several times a day which of course has to be in the frig. We were told that the mini-frigs weren't very cold on the Miracle so we picked up one of those tiny insulated coolers like you'd use to take lunch to work. Anyway, the one we picked up was about $10, and the top of it had an extra little pouch that was like a foil material that zipped. You could place the insulin bottles in there, fill the container up with ice and it would stay for about 24 hours with no problem. We even experimented with it to make sure. At the end of the cruise it folds down to nothing and is easily packed.

We had it onboard the whole time but never needed to use it. The mini frig in our room and in my parents were cold enough to keep the insulin the temp. it should be. If they went with us again, I'd still take the little bag just in case. You can get them most anywhere that sells, coolers or lunch boxes, that type of thing. We got ours at Walmart.

Hi I have been reading through the pages but need some help.. We are traveling the miracle May 1 and my 3 yr old dtr has some medications which need to be kept inthe fridge.. I called carnival and they said they dont have fridges and the mini bar isnt cold? is that true? the mini bars arent cold?? She told me they would keep the ice bucket filled for us which seems kinda risky with for a medication...

also does anyone know anything about how they handle special dietary restrictions? She also has an allergy to dairy.. do they offer soy milk etc or should I just bring my own?

thanks for any assistance!

these posts are so informative and helpful I feel like I know the ship b4 we even get on!

Last night, I got on the Carnival website to look up "special dietary needs", because I thought I read somewhere that if you had special dietary needs, you needed to cal Carnival or something like that. Well, sorry, but I got side tracked looking up other things, and forgot what I was looking up:D ! Anyway, maybe someone else will know, or you could call carnival and ask them. I know that I may get side tracked again if I try.:p Sorry, but I get caught up in investigating my next cruise!

Archived