All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

• 3 weeks later...

Was anyone on the Carnival Miracle December 19-26th and was up the last night, experiencing the storm? The dining room flooding? Waking up to the smell of shattered alcohol bottles? Saw furniture fly off the ship? Saw the ship tip to one side and tug boats being sent out to keep it upright?

If so, did you go on another cruise and how did you get over fear of cruising?

Was anyone on the Carnival Miracle December 19-26th and was up the last night, experiencing the storm? The dining room flooding? Waking up to the smell of shattered alcohol bottles? Saw furniture fly off the ship? Saw the ship tip to one side and tug boats being sent out to keep it upright?

If so, did you go on another cruise and how did you get over fear of cruising?

Where was the ship located when hit by this storm??

I was on the Noordam in the atlantic out of NYC in January and hit by a storm.. 30' seas and huricane force 1 winds.. Outside decks closed off, dishes breaking, not to many people came out of there cabins.. It was a ride..:rolleyes:

Bulldog

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know what kind (if any) of inputs are on the televisions? We are cruising in may, and I was hoping I could connect my ipad to the television so I have a few more interesting choices for movies to watch if I am in the room.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
We are sailing on the Miracle next month in a balcony cabin. We would like to be able to prop the balcony door open. What works best?

we use a bungee cord and hook one part on the door handle and the other end on top of the wall of the cabin next to us. there is a little knob almost like a screw on top of the wall that you can hook the bungee cord too. it works great! there are alot of other ways also, you just have to use your imagination. have a great time :p

I just spent the last 2 hours reading through this thread! It is awsome.

One thing I did not see (might have missed it somewhere in the 120ish pages) is about the size of the pools. They look SO small. We have a 7 y/o who LOVES to swim. I am concerned about the pool areas getting crowded. Also being he wants to swim, I am afraid of him bothering the adults in the pool. (I try to keep him away from people who are just cooling off)

Our cruise will be the first out of Dry Dock so it will be really interesting to see what they do! Do they usually announce what the plans are while a ship is in dry dock?

We are sailing on the Miracle next month in a balcony cabin. We would like to be able to prop the balcony door open. What works best?

On the Dream we just used the door stop (the little wedge thing) that was by the main door. Are the doors different on the Miracle? I dont think we could have used a bungee cord to hold the door open. The door stop was great, but now I am wondering if that is not available for this ship.

P1275942.jpg

This is a picture of the room with the balcony door

P1296038.jpg

This is showing the door open (opens out onto balcony) Really bad picture but only one I have with the door open.

Thanks for all the help. I really enjoyed seeing everyones pictures, reading the reviews. I am so excited to try a Spirit class ship!!

we use a bungee cord and hook one part on the door handle and the other end on top of the wall of the cabin next to us. there is a little knob almost like a screw on top of the wall that you can hook the bungee cord too. it works great! there are alot of other ways also, you just have to use your imagination. have a great time :p

Thanks! I thought I read somewhere on the boards that bungee cords didn't work on certain types of doors. This is our first balcony and we are excited!!! Looking forward to having breakfast on our balcony while watching our stresses sail away! :D

• 4 months later...

C'mon people. Can this thread actually be 5 months dead? Last post was back in MARCH??? I've been searching and searching for all Miracle info and it's like nobody goes on this ship anymore. LOL It's so hard to find stuff on her.

Let's liven it up....any new news on this ship? Anyone recently off? Reviews? We're leaving in 3 days on the Miracle and I hope I can put together a review when we get back.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
C'mon people. Can this thread actually be 5 months dead? Last post was back in MARCH??? I've been searching and searching for all Miracle info and it's like nobody goes on this ship anymore. LOL It's so hard to find stuff on her.

Let's liven it up....any new news on this ship? Anyone recently off? Reviews? We're leaving in 3 days on the Miracle and I hope I can put together a review when we get back.

Pam,

Since this was our third time on Miracle and having done reviews in the past, sorry, but I did not think to do another review. Miracle is still just as WONDERFUL as ever. The only thing that we noticed different this time was in Nick and Nora's. Our past two sailings had Eva Kiss (sp) as the hostess there and she was on top of EVERYTHING! She would not let people in without the proper dress code and service was amazing. This time around it was a new hostess (not sure it was her fault), but she did let people in with less than acceptable attire (enough said). We had to wait 1/2 hour to get the somalier to bring us the wine list and then when we finished our bottle, he just passed by and picked up the empty bottle without even asking if we wanted anything else. Empty tables around us were left for over an hour with dirty dishes. I would understand all of this if it was busy there, however, it was not busy at all.

Entertainment and comedy shows were excellent. I am starting to agree with others here about the dining room staff having to put on a show every night at diner. These poor guys have so much to do, that it does seem pointless to stop everything to sing and dance. Maybe just at the beginning at end of the cruise.

Ask away with any other questions.

Pampaul we are also on the M:confused: Miracle in 3 days- are you in on the roll call? We have a nice group meeting the first day.

derf here is the link to my review and a second link to my photos. This was our third time sailing on her.

[url]http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=83693[/url]

[url]http://travel.webshots.com/album/580177918SXuVYe[/url]

Good Morning Miracle Folks!
When I saw this thread on the boards this morning I was all excited. All Things Miracle... yippeee finally! But then I noticed how many posters there have been, and it's up to page 126.. kinda old I suppose, but thanks to whomever was able to bump it up to the front page of the boards; it will be my Sunday morning read :)
I automatically clicked on "last page" and the first post is about a storm with 30' waves and the ship needing a tugboat to keep her upright :eek:
I think that might just make me rethink land-based vacations again.
Vicki

I'm only up to page 6 of this thread (it begins in 2006 I think) and I've noticed that the few (very few) people who were less than enthused about the Miracle or sailing out of NY.. all have repeat Miracle cruises in their signatures , as well current countdown clocks showing another Miracle sailing in the future. Just like Warm Chocolate Melting Cake... she's addicting ;)

Guest LoveMyBoxer
[quote name='VickiD59']I'm only up to page 6 of this thread (it begins in 2006 I think) and I've noticed that the few (very few) people who were less than enthused about the Miracle or sailing out of NY.. all have repeat Miracle cruises in their signatures , as well current countdown clocks showing another Miracle sailing in the future. Just like Warm Chocolate Melting Cake... she's addicting ;)[/QUOTE]

I am one of those ;0)))! She is one of a kind!

You were on the sailing right after our's last year (2010) and will be a few weeks after our's next year too. We needed the Sun-Mon sailing as most of our jobs only allow for a traditional M-F vacation week, so that's the closest too it, albeit adding an additional day. Everyone keeps asking us.. "you're going on the exact same ship and exact same ports???", uhhh, yeah :p

Archived