All Things Miracle!!!!

Sandi149

Oh sorry, I forgot to mention, we packed a case of water in a duffel bag and checked it. It arrived safe and sound. I was glad I did it because I also wasn't crazy about the taste of the water on the ship and I'm not that fussy. We didn't have our refrigerator opened but we did bring a soft sided cooler, which the room steward kept filled with ice for us.

JoAnn

Hello,

I have a hold on room 6232 on the Miracle. I was told it had a 100 ft balcony. It sounds amazing. I would love to see any photos any of you may have of this room and the balcony. Thank You!:)

You will love the balcony. We had the two rooms one floor below this(obstructed view balconies). We had them open up divider between the two rooms and had a really long one. The length of your balcony is actually about 30 feet I would guess. Still huge compared to any other normal one.

Dear Fiance and I are booked on Miracle for next summer and are excited!

Just wondering how Horatio's is laid out -- does it have outdoor seating?

When I sailed on Fascination I loved the outdoor table area aft of the Cocunut Grove buffet, and I was wondering if Miracle has something similar. I remember the aft tables outside were less windy than the side tables outside.

Also, given we're going on our Honeymoon, just curious when they usually do the Newlywed game, that might be fun to give a try. I still have my Fascination Capers from last year and they did it the first full day of the cruise, is that normal or not? Anyone done it before? Do you just show up and tell the CD you just got married?! Don't know if we'll do it but it sounds like it would be fun!

Thanks for any pointers on either!

There is outdoor seating by the main pool area, outside of Horatio's and also aft near the Orpheus bar and pool area.

I didn't pay attention to the Newlywed game and I'm not sure if I have my capers. If I do I'll post. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

JoAnn

My favorite place on the Fantasy-class ships are the two little seating areas at the back of the buffet.

Yes, as noted, there is seating outside Horatios by the aft pool. Also note that the aft pool is the adult pool. I used to get my omelet and head back there to eat breakfast and then sit and read at a table.

cruisegirl73 - try going to a site like Webshots and just typing in that cabin number in the search. I know i've seen photos posted. I could have booked one of those for my upcoming cruise, since I booked over a year ago, but I really wanted an aft balcony.

To be honest, I loved our balcony on Miracle (it was the only one I've had, cabin 7192), and it was an extended, so was a little bigger, but it was absolutely freezing when we were on the shady side, and roasting when we were on the sunny side. Of course, we sailed in December and it was cold in Ft Lauderdale the day we left (naturally, I had packed nothing with long sleeves), so we sat on the balcony with our bathrobes over our clothes. :o

I moved from an aft on Deck 5 to Deck 4 after reading some comments about how hot the others are because of the angle of the stern. Even though we're going in December again, we go all the way to Panama, so I expect the weather to be hot down there. I didn't want it to be so hot on that balcony that I couldn't stand it. This way, we have more of an overhang from above. If I decide there isn't enough sun, I'll just haul my butt up to the Lido deck.

On another post comparing RCL & CCL someone mentioned that the inside cabins on CCL were not 185 sq. ft. even those the deck plans say they are. RCL inside was 122 sq. ft.

We're in a 4A. Has anyone stayed in 4A and do they appear smaller than the 185 sq.ft.?

On another post comparing RCL & CCL someone mentioned that the inside cabins on CCL were not 185 sq. ft. even those the deck plans say they are. RCL inside was 122 sq. ft.

We're in a 4A. Has anyone stayed in 4A and do they appear smaller than the 185 sq.ft.?

Inside rooms on Carnival are 185 sq. feet:cool:Happy cruising!

Of course the RCI people want you to think Carnival is lying about the cabin sizes. :rolleyes:

Except for the odd-shaped cabins, like those in the bow, or maybe some of the inside, sideways ones, they really are the same size.

I normally sail inside cabins and I can assure you, they are enormous compared to the tiny OV I had on my 1 RCI cruise. Granted, that was an older, smaller ship that has since moved on, but you could barely turn around. That was after my first cruise on Jubilee where we had a bow 1A which was on the outside but no window, just where the hull starts to bend toward the bow. It was enormous; much larger than my friends' 1A across the hall.

My cabin on Miracle appeared to be the same size as my inside cabins on other ships, excluding the balcony. I don't walk it off and count the steps, though, so I'm not going to guarantee anyone about the size.

Apparenly the Conquest class ships have larger OV cabins. I was in an inside on Glory, and it was plenty big.

One thing I like about the Fantasy-class, is when you have separate beds (I sail with DD), they are arranged in an "L" shape, which opens up a lot more space. Our beds on Glory were side-by-side.

Anyway, please don't be too concerned with anything that either "side" says in those comparison threads. Why people think they have to justify their choice in cruiseline or ship is beyond me. I will jump in when I think someone is being untruthful, but I try to stay out of them. I think those threads are pointless and really serve no purpose. Wish the mods would delete them on sight. If people want to know the differences, they should just read some reviews of various ships and make a choice. Better yet, sail both and make their own decisions.

insides are 152 sq. ft on Freedom ships,and 160 sq,ft on Voyager class ships....where the real difference is are the balconies-RCI STANDARD Freedom class are 68-74 sq.ft...Jr Suites-101 sq.ft...I find cabins on RCI much nicer than CCL,though CCL is cheaper and has more interesting itineraries.....

Big Al

I was on the Miracle CTN on 10/15. Music Unlimited was an excellent band that has been on the ship for a while now. They had a small calypso band (I think 2 people) on Lido that didn't play too much due to weather. Last year I did an 8 day on the Miracle and Music Unlimited played on deck during the deck party, and the calypso band played on the Lido daily.

I was on the Miracle CTN on 10/15. Music Unlimited was an excellent band that has been on the ship for a while now. They had a small calypso band (I think 2 people) on Lido that didn't play too much due to weather. Last year I did an 8 day on the Miracle and Music Unlimited played on deck during the deck party, and the calypso band played on the Lido daily.

Thanks for the information:D

Dell, you might need to wait until some recent reviews are posted since she moved down to Ft. Lauderdale. I imagine some of them will mention the music and activities. And, if we're lucky, someone will scan and post the capers.

Edit: just have to mention that my docs for December now show "VIP" in nice, big letters. :-)

Dell, you might need to wait until some recent reviews are posted since she moved down to Ft. Lauderdale. I imagine some of them will mention the music and activities. And, if we're lucky, someone will scan and post the capers.

Edit: just have to mention that my docs for December now show "VIP" in nice, big letters. :-)

You are absolutely right...Yes I hope we get lots of information;) Congrats on your VIP status, it is so much fun:D

There are already a couple of reviews of the 10/19 sailing (the eastern itinerary) but apparently the next was the nudist cruise, so I doubt we'll get a review from that, but who knows. So I may have to wait another couple of weeks to get a review on the western itinerary.

I'm going to go do a search to see if I can find any info about how the Anytime Dining works on a ship like Miracle that has only 1 dining room. I've left mine for late seating, but I may change my mind.

I do rather enjoy getting to know tablemates although my first Miracle cruise (I talked about it at the time and if anyone wants to find my review from then (12/17/07)) we encountered The Most Obnoxious Cruiser Ever, which rather ruined what would have been great dinners, because the other 3 people were wonderful.

Hello,

I have a hold on room 6232 on the Miracle. I was told it had a 100 ft balcony. It sounds amazing. I would love to see any photos any of you may have of this room and the balcony. Thank You!:)

We had that room in September and absolutely loved the balcony. I will try to see if I can get some pictures for you.

There are already a couple of reviews of the 10/19 sailing (the eastern itinerary) but apparently the next was the nudist cruise, so I doubt we'll get a review from that, but who knows. So I may have to wait another couple of weeks to get a review on the western itinerary.

I'm going to go do a search to see if I can find any info about how the Anytime Dining works on a ship like Miracle that has only 1 dining room. I've left mine for late seating, but I may change my mind.

I do rather enjoy getting to know tablemates although my first Miracle cruise (I talked about it at the time and if anyone wants to find my review from then (12/17/07)) we encountered The Most Obnoxious Cruiser Ever, which rather ruined what would have been great dinners, because the other 3 people were wonderful.

I leave on Miracle next week, 11/4 and we opted for Anytime dining. When I get back I'll post a review. What I do know already is that Miracle, which has one dining room on two levels has set aside part of the upper level exclusively for anytime dining. If there are no tables available when you get there they give you a beeper until a table is open. I've never done anytime dining but DH and I eat out alot and waiting a few minutes for a table is no big deal, especially since DH wants a table for 2. It should be easier to get a table for 2 on anytime dining since you're waiting for a table anyway, I'll just wait for a table for 2. I'll let you know how it was when we get back. FIVE MORE DAYS!!!

Hello,

Your balcony will look just like this. (8232 on the Pride; two decks above 6232.) Love, love, love these extended balconies! We have one on the Splendor in December, and hope to book one on the Miracle for next year.

152780878_kAgzb-XL.jpg

152780994_AaHzc-XL.jpg

We just returned from the Southern Caribbean on the Miracle. We had a great time, and our waiter(s) were great during early dining. They went out of their way to make us feel that their service was above and beyond anything we would have imagined. One night, my Mahi-Mahi was dried up, and before I could complain or say anything, my waiter (Ieon) suggested that he take it back and bring me another. The next one was delicious. They sang every night a different song, and all in all, I loved the Miracle. We got seats every night in the Phantom Club for that evenings shows, and went to a lot of their different activities. Malcom in the Middle, our Cruise Director, was a ham, and was hilarious. We thoroughly enjoyed the whole 8 day cruise. The islands were fantastic, and I'd love to be sailing on her again soon. Next year, we're going on the Dream, and can't wait to see how much fun she is. It's looking more and more like we'll take a cruise every year from now on, as we had so much fun this last time. That was our first cruise.

Archived