LUXE hotel

whit53

I am going on a cruise and then would like to spend two days in LA. We are doing a tour of Univ. of Southern CA. Got a decent rate on this boutique hotel. Has anyone stayed here? Hoping it is a good hotel in a nice location. Anyone know how far it would be from USC? What would cab fare be from Long Beach to the hotel and then for the tour of USC?

I am going on a cruise and then would like to spend two days in LA. We are doing a tour of Univ. of Southern CA. Got a decent rate on this boutique hotel. Has anyone stayed here? Hoping it is a good hotel in a nice location. Anyone know how far it would be from USC? What would cab fare be from Long Beach to the hotel and then for the tour of USC?

Hey whit53 (Jan)!

So glad that you posted this, as I was finally getting some info together for you based on your previous post...

(and anyone who feels like answering here, read her requirements in previous post, not driving, need central location, etc., etc.)...

I had a few more suggestions (but this was actually on my list!), but if you get this for a good deal, I'll tell you why...

I'll add my others later if you need, but for you personally here's what's good...

It's a fabulous, beautiful boutique hotel (used to be the Hotel Bel Air, and now bought out in the past few years and completely updated and renoxated by Luxe), on the edge between Brentwod, Bel Air, and Westwood.

It is right at the foot of the Getty museum, and the staff will drive you within a 3 mile radius from the hotel at your request, so that also includes, Westwood, and Brentwood Village!

Two great local "boutique" restaurants right there...

#1 If you have time The Bel Air Bar and Grill...

Small local place, celebrities use this to conduct quiet interviews for magazines:cool:

http://www.belairbarandgrill.com/

#2 Maria's Italian Kitchen...

http://www.mariasitaliankitchen.com/locations/index.cfm?process=location&lid=12

This is the original, local institution, and they will also deliver to the hotel!

So, it's more like staying in a local McMansion Oak Park type community, and beautiful and safe.

And a FANTASTIC restaurant on the premises (I just had a lunch meeting here recently - and actually had my High School Gradutation Party here before when it was the previous hotel)...:D

USC from here is less than 20 miles, so less than from Long Beach - I'll have to check price-wise...

and a shuttle (or cab) to here will be about the same from Long Beach/San Pedro as anywhere else good for you in LA -hotel wise (uhmm for that maybe $60-ish give or take one way from Long Beach/San Pedro)

Then you (if you want) have one of the easy public transports to see things (The Sunset Blvd. BUS! Home to all of the Paul Revere Junior High Students, Brentwood High Students, UCLA students - with no cars or money, and all of the wonderful domestic help going to and from Pacific Palisades, Brentwood, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, etc.)!;)

Just up and down Sunset Blvd. to and from The Beach to Hollywood if you want, according to my "tour" and info here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=511653

You'll be right close to the Westwood/Brentwood part of the "tour" at post #8 there...

I'll check back in with more info if you need.

Hope this is helpful...

CJW

Archived