transfers

diamond_1111

We are departing the Rotterdam in Valparaiso, Chile on Jan.7,2008 and would like to tour Valparaiso, tour Vina del Mar and then on to our hotel in Santiago. Is this possible to do on Tur Bus? If not what's the cost to take the tours. We are both 79 years old, but very healthy. Any advise would be appreciated... Donald and Virginia

We are departing the Rotterdam in Valparaiso, Chile on Jan.7,2008 and would like to tour Valparaiso, tour Vina del Mar and then on to our hotel in Santiago. Is this possible to do on Tur Bus? If not what's the cost to take the tours. We are both 79 years old, but very healthy. Any advise would be appreciated... Donald and Virginia

Why not get a private car and do the tour from the pier. Go to Vina del Mar and Renaca and Valparaiso and then include a winery on your way to Santiago; Veremente is one we went to. They can take you to the hotel or give a tour of Santiago as well. Maybe even your ride to the airport whenever you are scheduled to leave. We did it the other way. Was very reasonable and was private. I can give you our operator email if you are interested.

• 1 month later...

Hi eh2zed:

Thank you for replying to my inquiry. We definitely would like to know how we can get in touch with the name of the person who picked you up at the pier, toured Valparaiso, Vina del Mar, the winery and then took you to the hotel. Would appreciate what you can do for us.

Virginia and Don

Why not get a private car and do the tour from the pier. Go to Vina del Mar and Renaca and Valparaiso and then include a winery on your way to Santiago; Veremente is one we went to. They can take you to the hotel or give a tour of Santiago as well. Maybe even your ride to the airport whenever you are scheduled to leave. We did it the other way. Was very reasonable and was private. I can give you our operator email if you are interested.

My husband and I are looking to do a day tour in Santiago and then be taken to the airport. If you would be kind enough to give us the name of you contact, we would really appreciate it. We are going to be debarking March 16, and although I have e-mailed several companies, I have not heard from anyone yet.

Thanks,

Ronnie

My husband and I are looking to do a day tour in Santiago and then be taken to the airport. If you would be kind enough to give us the name of you contact, we would really appreciate it. We are going to be debarking March 16, and although I have e-mailed several companies, I have not heard from anyone yet.

Thanks,

Ronnie

Try Victor Aballai @ victor.aballai@enaturchile.com We went in March 06 so I hope its still the correct address. Good luck. website is www.enaturchile.com

Try Victor Aballai @ victor.aballai@enaturchile.com We went in March 06 so I hope its still the correct address. Good luck. website is www.enaturchile.com

Thanks, Funny I had e-mailed that company about a week ago and never heard from them. Yesterday I posted with this thread and another requesting the names of a company for Santiago and you both came back with the same company. I had the address spelled incorrectly - never came back as Demon Mailer, but who knows....I tried again theis morning. He must have a good company if two people on different threads have the same info - can't beat CC posters for really great info :D

Ronnie

We also used Victor last year at the end of January when we were picked up from our ship in Valpariso. He took four of us first to have a look around Valpariso, then we went to Vin del Mare, then onto a winery and finally a tour around Sanitago before dropping us off at our prospective hotels.

Next morning his company took both couples at different times out to the airport. I would highly recommend him, he was waiting for us at the dock and we went in an air conditioned, comfortable van that held all our luggage.

If I remember correctly, if you recommend someone else, you do get a discount from him which is about 10%

Jennie

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I, finished reserving our to transfer from Santiago – Valparaiso , with Victor Aballai, we are loving of the good wine, they prepare our transference with two visits of vineyards, one will be Veramontes, there is other vineyards that you can recommend?

Thank Ruth

HI Ruth

There is a called vineyard Morande that it is located in the way that goes to Valparaiso. They have Prizes Gold medal in Wine Guides of Chile, I recommend Syrah/Cabernet Sauvignon 2002. this vine internationally is not very famous, because she is practically new, I am not very clear if they do make tour, but they have an excellent restaurant that You can know and to taste some wines

Hi Ruth

We also travelled with Victor. In our transfer we visit vineyard VINA MAR, the visit lasted 20 minutes with two wine tastings, the infrastructures are pleasant, they have a restaurant, and in front of the construction there is a great pool. The driver was very safe and the guide very knowledgeable and informative.we had a great day.

becky_donald.:p :p :p :p

My husband and I, finished reserving our to transfer from Santiago – Valparaiso , with Victor Aballai, we are loving of the good wine, they prepare our transference with two visits of vineyards, one will be Veramontes, there is other vineyards that you can recommend?

Thank Ruth

Hi,

Is Victor Aballai from enaturchile? I mailed them 2 days ago but have not heard from them.. If you don't mind, can you give me the email address you used to contact him?

Thanks,

Vickie

Thanks for your answers, have been very beneficial. .........

Bohemio, we have book a small visit in vineyard Morande, lamentably we will not to enjoy of the restaurant because, that would retard our visit of valparaiso and to vina del mar but I will taste the wine that you recommend.

Vickie….. yes, Victor is the salesman of enaturchile, he responds all our questions, has been very friendly and fast with our doubts. He is very patient.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi

l We are thinking to do arrangements with Victor. We have read many good comments about the company. We will have many hours from disembark to our return to house. Victor has suggested us a full day, visiting Valparaiso, Vina del Mar and a Santiago city tour.

There is something that we might not stop seeing?

We would like to visit the vineyard Concha toro, this is located, in a direction different from our route. Someone has visited this vineyard? It is very far from the city?

I look forward to hearing from your soon

The vineyard Concha y Toro is located to one hour from Santiago, interesting and the different thing from this vineyard is one of oldest of Chile and the tour guided is most complete, it is an interesting visit. In Concha y Toro the guided visit lasts more than one hour, visiting warehouses and plantations, in the others vineyards (Casablanca Valley) it is only 15 minutes. I believe that it is a good see if to you allow it time.

Hi everyone.

Bohemio. Thanks for your information. We have decided to visit the vineyard; we think that there will be time.

We want to buy souvenir for our relatives and friends, We know that in Chile there are crafts and jewels in lapizlazuli a blue stone, you can recommend a warehouse that is not so expensive and of quality good.

You have. My respects

We also wanted to visit Concha y Tora vineyard when we did our transfer with Victor but he said it was too far away as it was on the other side of the Santiago.

After being picked up at the ship, visiting Vina del Mare, having lunch and spending a short time at a vineyard on the way to Santiago, we did not have a huge time to see that lovely city. We saw all the main buildings and we were taken to a small showroom where I did buy a couple of pieces but he was correct as we would not have had time to go to Conca y Tora. It was well after 5pm when we were dropped off at our hotel.

Jennie

Thanks, Funny I had e-mailed that company about a week ago and never heard from them.

Spelling errors aside, in general, if you have not gotten a reply from a tour company within 48 hours, assume that your e-mail was never received or that the answer has been eaten by your spam filter. Per reports here and from personal experience e-mail in Chile is not reliable. The tour companies are not any happier about this than we are; it is their reputations on the line.

Also, for other names of tour companies use the 'search this forum' function to help you find the names of other companies that have been used by CC members. Search by the name of the city you are trying to travel in such as Valparaiso tour or Valparaiso guide. You will find not only names of companies but reviews of their service and reports of any problems. Once you find the name of a company search again for any mention of the company name and read what people have to say about them.

Hi everyone.

Bohemio. Thanks for your information. We have decided to visit the vineyard; we think that there will be time.

We want to buy souvenir for our relatives and friends, We know that in Chile there are crafts and jewels in lapizlazuli a blue stone, you can recommend a warehouse that is not so expensive and of quality good.

You have. My respects

In Santiago there are factories of crafts and jewels in lapizlazuli of very good quality, in the bellavista street, they are much cheaper than in other shops, because these are suppliers

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone! My family and I are nowadays on the Amsterdam, We will land in Valparaiso on December 15. We will do a tour for Valparaiso and Viña del Mar before our transfer to Santiago. And we will have lunch in Gourmet El Macerado. I am slightly careful with this; there is someone who knows one this restaurant?

Sorry for my very imperfect English

• 2 weeks later...
You would really need to do that kind of trip with someone like winetoursvalparaiso we did a tour with them in october and i know that they pick people up from the port and and take them to the airport taking in a city tour and the vineyards of casablanca. also the more people you are the cheaper it is. The guide is also a native londener so good English which was a releif to us.

Has read all your post, In all of them alone you recommend insistently this company, I did arrangement with them, For our transference to Santiago. They nape came, we wait for more than one hour, ask many persons but nobody knew this company. I am very disillusioned, because the wait was with my little children.

I would never recommend her.

Edited by Gaucho

• 8 months later...

We will be in Santiago by 3 days in our pre-cruise, January 2010. We are making adjustments with Victor Aballai, for our private trip. He has been very amiable in answering all our questions. We are interested in a dinner show, with typical dances of that country. Victor has recommended us three restaurants, Bali Hai Restaurant, Adobes de Argomedo and Buenos Muchachos

Somebody knows?, which of these is the best option.

We would love be in the correct place