rent a car at Port of Manhatten to ground zero

smac88

We have a day to visit NY after disembarking at the port of Manhatten on Saturday next March. We are thinking to take the kids (8 and 11) to Ground Zero.

Is it an easy drive and will there be parking available?

We should have time to go to one more place. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Smac88

We have a day to visit NY after disembarking at the port of Manhatten on Saturday next March. We are thinking to take the kids (8 and 11) to Ground Zero.

Is it an easy drive and will there be parking available?

We should have time to go to one more place. Any suggestions please?

Thanks.

Smac88

No parking is impossible. Parking will cost $20-30 or more, if the lots aren't full. Getting a rental car will not be easy. You can either take a cab or the subway. The Cab ride will be less than $15.00(its only 3 miles)... The subway is $2.00 per person.

Are you staying somewhere or are you just talking about the rest of the day before you fly out?

Thanks, smeyer418!

We have lugguage and we will stay near LGA that evening.

There are three ways I guess:

1. rent a car right at the port and to get to Ground Zero (and one more place after that) right away after disembarking

2. Take a taxi to go to the hotel. Leave all luggage there. Take public transportation to get to Ground zero (I need directions pls)

Please help.

Renting a car to get around Manhattan is probably the worst choice by far. You'll spend most of your time sitting in the car and seeing nothing. If your hotel is near LaGuardia, it's in Queens, a long way from what you want to see in Manhattan. I am not familiar enough with New York to know where/how you can check your bags in mid-town (near the cruise ship docks) while you sightsee a bit in Manhattan (taxi or subway both good choices), but maybe someone who has done it before will chime in here. Then, when done sightseeing, you pick up your luggage and taxi to your hotel. Good luck.

David

Thanks, smeyer418!

We have lugguage and we will stay near LGA that evening.

There are three ways I guess:

1. rent a car right at the port and to get to Ground Zero (and one more place after that) right away after disembarking

2. Take a taxi to go to the hotel. Leave all luggage there. Take public transportation to get to Ground zero (I need directions pls)

Please help.

I know its more expensive but stay in Manhattan somewhere. Even if it cost a $100 more why would you want to spend your one night in NY in an airport hotel? The cab to the airport will be the same $30.00 or so from the pier or from the hotel(and even if the flight is at 6 am(which I doubt) you can use a car service to get you to the airport for about the same price- Carmel is one. Eat in Manhattan see a show. Take the subway to Ground zero, look around for Manhattan hotel info on these boards...you get a cab from the cruise terminal to the hotel for a small amount check in drop your luggage and you will have plenty of time....

Out flight flying back home from LGA is at 8:30 am. I guess I should stay in hotel that is close to subway Manhattan.

Hopefully it won't be hard to go from Manhattan to LGA on Sunday morning. Which time should I get there from the hotel?

Thanks.

Out flight flying back home from LGA is at 8:30 am. I guess I should stay in hotel that is close to subway Manhattan.

Hopefully it won't be hard to go from Manhattan to LGA on Sunday morning. Which time should I get there from the hotel?

Thanks.

getting anywhere early Sunday am is a snap....I would leave the hotel around 6 which should get you to the airport by 6:30...

Archived