Orlando to Port Canaveral

deanchrs

I'm thinking of flying into Orlando, staying the night, and then renting a car to FLL for our cruise in January. The reason is to get better flights (not price, just times). How far is the port from Orlando? Are the hotels cheaper in Orlando than FLL? Any suggestions? It is me, husband, and two girls, ages 8 and 12.

Are you leaving from Port Evergaldes near FLL or Port Canaveral?? (you mention Orlando and FLL in your post)

Orlando to Port Canaveral is less than an hour.....Orlando to Ft Lauderdale is a few hours....

Hotels are a toss up.......there are more of them in orlando so rates CAN be lower but not necessarily. As for Port Canaveral and/or Ft Lauderdale hotels-it is hit or miss with rates...FLL can be reasonable or ridiculously expensive depending on time of year.

Can you not fly into FLL???? Much less annoying and less travel....fares should not be too much different than those of MCO since many discount carriers fly into both, thus sometimes resulting in lower fares all around...

I would and do stay the night before my cruise in the port city and I live in Orlando. It usually takes about 3 hours to drive to Ft Lauderdale if there aren't any accidents. Should you encounter one, you would sit on the highway for hours. Missing the ship is just not a risk I am willing to take.

Archived