Entertainment on Wind Spirit?

kathy16

Recently spent a week on Wind Spirit on the Greek Isles. Other than a keyboard player, and some local dancers one night, there was no real entertainment. HOWEVER, don't think you'll be bored. We had a great bar-b-que one evening, had drinks in the lounge with other cruisers and really had a great time. Yes, you sacrifice the "glitz" of a large cruise ship,but the benefits of sailing on a 150 passenger yacht with the sails unfurled are not to be overlooked.

As I used to be a piano/organist, and remain really into music, I always make a point of making friends with whomever our entertainer is. Have never regretted it, and with my interest, support, and encouragement, have greatly enjoyed the wonderful songs they sing/play. It's not Las Vagas, nor one of the big ships. These are just solo or duo preformances. If no one supports them or encourages them, just like we all feel when our efforts are unappreciated, it is less than the best. If you want good music: clap, pay attention, dance, request songs, smile, ect. They are like all other entertainers - appreciation is what they live for. There is always music out on the deck, whether live or ipod. That's where WE stay most of the time.

My husband and I have traveled on Windstar many times, and have 3 voyages booked for next year!

Entertainment? We had a keyboard player sometimes and he was quite good but when he went below to the lounge at night we took over. We brought our own CD's for the deck music. Tata did not mind putting in our music and it was pretty well was enjoyed by all, I think. Lots of island music with plenty of Jimmy and Jerry Jeff.

Archived