I convinced her to do it...

expericd

Sup cool cruisers- :D

I'm sailing the Serenade of the Seas this coming January with my girlfriend. Neither of us have been on a cruise before and we're pretty darn excited about it.

The cruise sails from San Juan to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, and finally Barbados.

I have a ? about a good place on the itinerary to take my girlfriend on her first scuba dive. Yeah, I actually convinced her to do it. She's psyched, let me tell ya -lol-

Although neither one of us are certified divers, I have been on a "resort dive" once before...in St. Thomas as a matter of fact.

My girlfriend is definately no wussy, and she's willing to do the best dive we can find, that's available to first timers...just to prove me wrong.

Any suggestions on places that don't put you through hours of training, yet will let you dive at a really cool spot, and deeper than other places offering "1st time dives"???

Another spot you might want to check out in the snorkel and scuba board. They would be able to give you more specific info and how to get some 'pre-training' possibly. You might also want to stop by a dive shop and chat with them. Many have pools that you can use to test equipment and it might be a good way for your girlfriend to get used to the equipment while still in a controlled environment.

Have a great (and safe) cruise,

Charlie

• Administrators

Congratulations on your first cruise! :) I agree with the above advice about seeking out a local dive shop for advice in advance of the cruise. I don't scuba (claustrophobia) but I have a ton of friends who do (while I snorkel merrily on the surface), and I know that the training required before one's first dive is due to certificate requirements, which are in place for YOUR safety, as are depth limits. If that's more effort than you want, you might try looking for a "snuba" excursion.

Archived