Car rental in San Pedro?

Huebie

We're staying at the Crowne Plaza for 2 days before our LA-Hawaii on Diamond Princess. We'll rent a car at LAX, but we want to drop it off in San Pedro or somewhere nearby. Crowne P doesn't have a rental desk. Does anyone know where there are rental agencies? We really don't want to go back to LAX.

Long Beach airport, plus Budget has one off airport not tooooo far (but not exactly close, either) from the cruise area. I think Enterprise is the one people have discussed being at or nearest to the port. And you have to call them to find out their hours, which apparently are posted on their website incorrectly? Don't take my word for this (my memory is not what it used to be); search this forum.

I know we intend to rent from Alamo, because even if we drop it at the airport and take a taxi from there, it is cheaper to rent from them than anyone else. But we have a week long car rental beginning in Las Vegas.

I guess I'm answering my own post, but I thought it might help someone else. I just talked to Enterprise, and they have a rental desk either at the Crowne Plaza or the dock itself. I wasn't too clear on that. When I called the Crowne the concierge said there was a desk at the hotel, but the agent at Enterprise said it was at the dock. Either way is fine with us. We'll pick the car up at LAX two days before we sail and drop it off on the day of sailing.

We did this with Hertz once before our Diamond Princess cruise, and we dropped off our car at their Lomita office. They will arrange for a taxi to the pier, and credit your bill $15 to cover the cost of the taxi. Did the reverse on our return - for the 3 of us, it ended up being the cheapest way to get from the port to the airport.

Archived