My Glory Pics - 15Sep2007 (E. Carib)

BeyondKen

More pictures, PLEASE! Do you have any of Nassau and St Thomas?

We passed this outrageous little cay en route to Nassau:

ST_Outrageous_Cay.jpg

This lighthouse guided us in:

ST_Lighthouse.jpg

Next we docked at St. Thomas's Charlotte Amalie Harbour:

ST_Bay1.jpg

ST_Bay2.jpg

This is the north side of the island:

ST_North_Beach1.jpg

ST_North_Beach2.jpg

Just to give you an idea of how long the daiquiri joint has been up there, our family went in 1957 when I was a kid. My dad went crazy for them and even let me have a sip. Exactly 40 years later, I took him back to that spot (which has gotten more touristy - it was just a bar with a view in 1957) and we introduced the next generation (my daughter) to the joys of banana daiquiris. It is a definite place not to be missed on St Thomas. Even if you don't drink, the view is fabulous.

Ken, great pics!

My DH and I were also on this Cruise.. our first Cruise.. it will definately won't be our last! We had such a wonderful time and the weather was beautiful!

We just loved St Thomas and St Maarten! We had booked excursions for all of the ports with it being our first Cruise and were pretty pleased with them. In St Thomas we did Historic Blackbeard's Hill & Recommended Shopping, we got a scenic tour and Blackbeard's Hill was fun to see too. In St Maarten we did the St Maarten Island Tour, that way we got to see the French and Dutch sides and do some shopping in both. If we make it back to this places one day, I think we may do some snorkling and do our own excursions, spend more time at the beaches. I'll have to make a note about that Daiquiri place in St Thomas! hehe

I wanted to get another Camera in one of the ports, hoping to save some monies! In St Thomas the camera I wanted wasn't to much cheaper then at home, so I held out for St Maarten. I figured the worse that would happen is I wouldn't get a new camera... In St Maarten, I went into Boolchands (downtown) and saved $100 on the one that I wanted! My DH got a good deal on a new Watch at the same store, we were both happy! :D

We went to the Emerald Room for our 30th Wedding Anniversary on Monday, Sept 17! It cost us $30 pp, but it was incredible! I took my camera and I am so glad I did! The food was great and really fancied up!

Everyone getting ready to go on your Cruise, I hope you have a wonderful time and wonderful weather like we did!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I can't wait to try one of their Banana Daiquires,

What you wanna try ar Paradise Point, St Thomas is their famous BUSHWHACKER!

Bushwhacker.jpg[/img]

Yummmmm, Bushwackers! We had them, but in a plastic cup. I didnt' see that one in the photo. We stopped on our way to Magen's Bay so we climbed those hills, had a drink and then descended to the beach. Then on the way back, we passed right by the entrance to Paradise Point. Gotta love those open buses and those winding, narrow, steep roads. We figured the transmissions for the climbs and the brakes for the descent must have to be replaced a lot.

• 1 month later...

We took our grandsons on the Glory. The older on got his black belt in Tae Kwon Do and he chose the Glory at the ripe old age of 10. We had a wonderful time and will go again. Loved the fish and chips. My only complaint is until you get use to her it is difficult to get around. Once you are clear on that is is a piece of cake.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived