Does ginger come in a smaller size?

michelle2

On our last cruise I purchased the ginger capsules from WalMart. They are really big. My WalMart only had the one size. I managed to choke one down, but it was difficult. Luckily I didn't really need them. I am wondering if they come in a smaller size or in tablets versus the capsules and where to buy them. (I know I am a pill swallowing whimp!)

On our last cruise I purchased the ginger capsules from WalMart. They are really big. My WalMart only had the one size. I managed to choke one down, but it was difficult. Luckily I didn't really need them. I am wondering if they come in a smaller size or in tablets versus the capsules and where to buy them. (I know I am a pill swallowing whimp!)

Just keep a look out, I am sure you will find them in tablets, I suggest looking in a health food store like whole foods, they will likely have a big variety of ginger pills.

MAC

Do they taste as bad as they smell?? I bought some just in case and I opened them and the smell near about knocked me to the floor!! :eek: Please tell me they don't taste that bad????

Thanks!

Rebekah

If you have the ones from Wal-Mart, they taste pretty bad. I recommend swallowing them with food so you're not burping ginger later.

Do they taste as bad as they smell?? I bought some just in case and I opened them and the smell near about knocked me to the floor!! :eek: Please tell me they don't taste that bad????

Thanks!

Rebekah

I always make sure I drink at least 8 oz. of water if not more when I take mine, I dont think it is the bad taste, I dont notice a taste...UNLESS you dont get it all the way down and it dissolves mid-way...then you have a burning ginger taste....but to me it isnt a bad taste still..

hope it helps, cause it is a miricle cure for me!:D

I get the ones from GNC and they aren't big, they don't smell, they have no aftertaste and they are very reasonably priced. I wouldn't trust anything other than ginger capsules... ginger ale and gingersnaps MAY have some ginger in them, but not nearly enough for me to trust it fending off nausea... many of those things don't even have real ginger in them and what they have isn't significant. I take 1g at a time, a few times a day and then as needed. The capsules I take are very easy to swallow...

I've also heard of folks having success with candied ginger. We will be trying ginger on our next cruise for DD, she got really sick on our last cruise and is too young for the patch. We will try a few different types to see which one she prefers.

I go sailing on a smaller boat at least 3 weekends out of the month and that morning I start drinking Canada Dry Ginger Ale, not sure if that works but I haven't been sick yet.

Fred

I was reading about ginger ale the other day. It said dry ginger ale normally does not contain ginger.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginger_ale

Candied ginger works as well for me as ground ginger capsules. Great for any nausea (motion sickness, morning sickness, flu, etc.) or heartburn.

You can tell if ginger "ale" or ginger "beer" has useful ginger in it if you see stuff floating in it (Reed's is good). Also, Trader Joe's makes a great triple ginger cookie that has chunks of ginger.

I actually make my own capsules with ground ginger (the spice from the grocery store). Health food stores sell empty capsules. I get the vegetarian (not gelatin) capsules since I do not eat beef and pork and have many vegetarian friends with whom I may share (gelatin = beef and pork hides and hooves).

If you have trouble swallowing capsules, try this: after taking a gulp of water and the capsule, tilt your head forward (yes forward) and the capsule floats in the water to the back of your throat (instead of the top of your mouth).:)

Archived