Feb 10 09 or early March 10?

LoriPhil

We're debating whether to pounce on the Feb 10th 2009 Sydney/Auckland 12-day cruise on the Diamond, or wait until 2010 to book an early March cruise since we prefer slightly cooler fall to hot summer weather. We'll add another week at the end to enjoy a bit more of NZ.

I know there are no guarantees (hey, it's the weather), but is there that much difference between mid February and early March? Guess I'm looking for an excuse to go with the 09 cruise rather than wait one more year, but it's a big financial commitment so we're considering it fairly carefully.

Many thanks for your opinions!

Aww nuts - the Feb 10th cruise is Auckland-Sydney, so it looks like early or late January is our only choice for 09. We might be looking at 2010 just to get our cabin selection.

Oh darn. We are booked on the 2/10/09 cruise and was hoping you would join us.

Marilee

We're debating whether to pounce on the Feb 10th 2009 Sydney/Auckland 12-day cruise on the Diamond, or wait until 2010 to book an early March cruise since we prefer slightly cooler fall to hot summer weather. We'll add another week at the end to enjoy a bit more of NZ.

I know there are no guarantees (hey, it's the weather), but is there that much difference between mid February and early March? Guess I'm looking for an excuse to go with the 09 cruise rather than wait one more year, but it's a big financial commitment so we're considering it fairly carefully.

Many thanks for your opinions!

Kia ora i Rotorua

February in NZ is usually a good time to visit NZ. Think of Feb = Aug & March = Sep as the northern hemispere equivalent. That said, early March usually has good weather. Whatever, I'm sure you will have a wonderful trip

Aquarians icon7.gificon7.gif

Unfrotunately no - we're traveling with friends (cruising buddies!), and plan to cruise and then spend a week at the end romping around NZ, to give us something to look forward to at the end of the cruise other than the long flight home.

I've got the task of booking the cruise - based on the availabilities of cabins when I made reservations, we've got port-side mini's ( D414/416) directly off the main Dolphin elevator bay - but I'm wondering whether port or starboard makes a difference (when heading south to north in NZ).

Archived