Question for those with younger kids

Mschif78

Hi all! We are leaving on the legend on the 30th. Going to Cayman, belize, cozumel, and Roatan. My son is 4. Any tips on something to do? Maybe a beach with anything special? I saw somewhere a beach that had slides on it and things, not sure where though. Thoughts?

Kerry

Hi all! We are leaving on the legend on the 30th. Going to Cayman, belize, cozumel, and Roatan. My son is 4. Any tips on something to do? Maybe a beach with anything special? I saw somewhere a beach that had slides on it and things, not sure where though. Thoughts?

Kerry

Don't be afraid to send him to Camp Carnival. I was at first. My kids at 4 and 5 had more fun at camp carnival than going ashore. 7 mile beech in Grand Cayman is very nice.

On the Miracle 2 years ago, Camp Carnival was open from 9am until 12 noon I believe, then they opened up again at 2pm and closed at 10. After that you pay an additional fee per child. My kids (then 3, 6, 8) LOVED camp carnival, although we did take them with us into the ports. Cozumel - I would recommend Paradise Beach - i'ts free to get on the beach, but they expect you to buy some drinks and food. Good margaritas and good food too. For $7/pp you can get a wristband which allows you to use the floats, the water trampoline and the iceberg (a large inflatable a bit out in the water). The floats were the nicest for us. In Belize, we just went into the 'tourist village' because I had heard how 3rd world it is. My sister went on a river boat tour with her 2 teenagers and really enjoyed it. In Cayman, we really enjoyed 7 Mile beach about 9 years ago (I only had a 13 month old then). We took a boat that took us from the tender dock to the beach and let us off right there for a few hours. The beach was very nice but not much for snorkeling I thought. This time, we thought we would just go into town, but honestly, since our last visit, the tour operators were very aggressive and I just didn't enjoy walking around. We've never been to Roatan so I don't have any experience with that port. Your 4 year old will have a great time!

Archived