Anyone been to the Wyndham in Cozumel??

Mschif78

I found an excursion online that goes to the windham resort for the day- pools, beach, kids area, open bar and eats for 40 per person. Only problem is no transportation-im new at this- am I going to have a problem finding transport there and back?

Also - anyone ever been on this one? thoughts?

Kerry

Hey, we were just there this past week! (Legend, 9/16 sailing). We hadn't planned on going- one of the tourist booths downtown showed us pictures, and we hopped in a cab and off we went- the ride was 10-15 minutes. It was so worth it- the facilities are beautiful, the staff was lovely and playing all sorts of silly games (even though there weren't very many people there), the food was great, and on and on! There were taxis outside when we were ready to leave. Out of all the things we did at all the ports, visiting the Wyndham Cozumel was probably my favorite. (You can see some of our pics here- they aren't up right as I post, but they will be shortly).

Wow thats great!!! Thanks!!! So you didnt book ahead of time? you booked as you got off the ship? How much was the taxi ride? How many people can go in 1 taxi, there are 6 of us. I know in Bermuda they have these vans that fit alot, but here I dont know?

Kerry

Yea, it wasn't something we planned at all- we ran into a guy who said we could go all-inclusive for $30 a piece. We paid the guy at the booth a $10 deposit each, and then paid the $20 balance each when we got there. The cabs to and from were $13 each. We were in a small car, but I think there were vans that would hold 6 people.

We met the guy at the booth in the plaza near the Forum Shops (if you're walking from the ship, the plaza is before you get to the shops- there's fountains and stuff). The guy at the booth called the place the "Reef Regency"; I believe the resort is undergoing a name change, so people might refer to it as that. And the food was great! The girl at the desk pointed out two places where we could eat; we only ate at the one near the pool. There was a menu with some salads, sandwiches, a few mexican things. We had nachos, fajitas, and my boyfriend had flan, which I think made it for him (he's half Mexican :D)

I'm very glad to hear the good reviews....I work for Wyndham :) . I just wanted to let you know that the resort used to be known as the Reef Regency - until Wyndham took over. The locals are still just referring to it as the old name.

I will be in Cozumel (via the Carnival Liberty) next Monday and had already planned to visit the site for the day. Thanks for the information on how much and long a ride for the cab.

Jodi

Hi Jodi,

We are going to the Wyndham next Monday too! Are you all heading over first thing? We are thinking of maybe doing some shopping first. I am thinking the resort won't be too busy since we had the last minute port change. You never know though!

Mandy

I'm very glad to hear the good reviews....I work for Wyndham :) . I just wanted to let you know that the resort used to be known as the Reef Regency - until Wyndham took over. The locals are still just referring to it as the old name.

I will be in Cozumel (via the Carnival Liberty) next Monday and had already planned to visit the site for the day. Thanks for the information on how much and long a ride for the cab.

Jodi

Jodi,

PinkSuperhero said it was $13 each way and about 10-15 minutes.:)

Bill

Hi Jodi,

There are two of us going, my friend Mary and me. We would love to share a ride if we can work it out.

We have both been to Cozumel before but we want to do at least a little shopping. Plus, I don't think it is the best idea for me to begin drinking at 8:00 AM! Maybe 9:00 or 10:00 would be better!

Mandy

Archived