How to get to Vagabond INN from LAX?

monakayk

What is the best and cheapest way for us to get from LAX airport to the Vagabond INN?

Address:

Vagabond Inn San Pedro:

215 S. Gaffey St.,San Pedro, CA 90781

Are their hotel shuttles at LAX that do a loop of those hotels near the San Pedro pier? Do I need to make reservations with a shuttle before hand or can I just get on one at LAX?

Would a rental car be cheaper for 4 adults than a shuttle or taxi? What rental car services do you recommend?

Suggestions please! Thanks!

HELLO monakayk: I am staying at the vagabond inn Oct18. we are taking super shuttle for $16 each. no need to reserve from LAX to San Pedro but have to reserve on return journey. there is also Prime time shuttle and both these companies have web sites. Renting a car would involve a drop off fee and would probably be the same as the shuttle and you would have a car for the day. Hopes this helps

While SuperShuttle reservations from the airport are not required, it does help the company to plan on workload, and if they have a lot, they will put on extra shuttles. I you need an exclusive van or car, or wheelchair accessible transport, you do need a reservation for these services.

What is the best and cheapest way for us to get from LAX airport to the Vagabond INN?

Address:

Vagabond Inn San Pedro:

215 S. Gaffey St.,San Pedro, CA 90781

Are their hotel shuttles at LAX that do a loop of those hotels near the San Pedro pier? Do I need to make reservations with a shuttle before hand or can I just get on one at LAX?

Would a rental car be cheaper for 4 adults than a shuttle or taxi? What rental car services do you recommend?

Suggestions please! Thanks!

Depending upon what day you arrive and would need to drop off the car, you can do a one way rental with Enterprise. They have an office close to the San Pedro pier. We were told there is no drop-off charge for our rental (not sure why some rentals have the drop-off fee and some don't). Be sure to check their business hours and closed days before booking, have seen some posts about them being closed on Sundays.

HELLO monakayk: I am staying at the vagabond inn Oct18. we are taking super shuttle for $16 each. no need to reserve from LAX to San Pedro but have to reserve on return journey. there is also Prime time shuttle and both these companies have web sites. Renting a car would involve a drop off fee and would probably be the same as the shuttle and you would have a car for the day. Hopes this helps

If we use a shuttle...we will make reservations....no problem on that end. But do they go to other airports and pick up more pax or just get those at LAX?

About how long will it take before we reach our hotel in San Pedro from LAX...have any idea? I gather they drop off folks at various hotels/locations during the trip and that will take some time.

Depending upon what day you arrive and would need to drop off the car, you can do a one way rental with Enterprise. They have an office close to the San Pedro pier. We were told there is no drop-off charge for our rental (not sure why some rentals have the drop-off fee and some don't). Be sure to check their business hours and closed days before booking, have seen some posts about them being closed on Sundays.

By chance do you have the phone number (or 800#) for the Enterprise you used in San Pedro?

If you don't mind sharing...how much did they charge you for a day rental? (car size you used?)

By chance do you have the phone number (or 800#) for the Enterprise you used in San Pedro?

If you don't mind sharing...how much did they charge you for a day rental? (car size you used?)

No problem...Enterprise CA one way rental number is 866-207-8836. We have 4 adults (3 women, 1 man) and are flying in the day before our cruise. I didn't think we could get all of us and our luggage in a car, so I booked a mini van. The total is $87 for the day and I have been told (by a couple of different Enterprise agents) that there is no drop off fee and/or the fee is already included in the rental amount. Guess we'll see if that's correct or not when we pick up/return the car.

We are staying in Long Beach and figured by the time we got a cab/shuttle from LAX to the LB hotel and then the hotel to the San Pedro pier, we would be spending more than the $87 rental fee. Plus, since we are flying in the day prior, we'll be able to do a little sight seeing and get dinner some where besides the hotel.

No problem...Enterprise CA one way rental number is 866-207-8836. We have 4 adults (3 women, 1 man) and are flying in the day before our cruise. I didn't think we could get all of us and our luggage in a car, so I booked a mini van. The total is $87 for the day and I have been told (by a couple of different Enterprise agents) that there is no drop off fee and/or the fee is already included in the rental amount. Guess we'll see if that's correct or not when we pick up/return the car.

We are staying in Long Beach and figured by the time we got a cab/shuttle from LAX to the LB hotel and then the hotel to the San Pedro pier, we would be spending more than the $87 rental fee. Plus, since we are flying in the day prior, we'll be able to do a little sight seeing and get dinner some where besides the hotel.

Thanks for this additional info!

Archived