Serenade Alaska - Aft 9658 or Hump 9576

JerseyJT

Help - Need advise for July Alaska Cruise on the Serenade of the Seas.

Which cabin would you choose Aft 9658 or very front of Hump 9576 (Starboard Side)?

Weighing the fact that Aft is much further from Elevator but...would there be less wind & more occasion for viewing from our deck while cruising from the Aft cabin?

Also does anyone have experience with this specific cabin or similar D1 Aft cabins? Was there a lounger on the deck besides the 2 chairs.

Also does anyone have experience staying in 9576 or similar cabin on another deck? If so, how much bigger was the deck? I am also concerned that we may have less privacy on this deck. I love to sit out on the deck & have breakfast or just rest.

Looking forward to any & all replies to help us make a decision.

Help - Need advise for July Alaska Cruise on the Serenade of the Seas.

Which cabin would you choose Aft 9658 or very front of Hump 9576 (Starboard Side)?

Weighing the fact that Aft is much further from Elevator but...would there be less wind & more occasion for viewing from our deck while cruising from the Aft cabin?.

I would vote the aft. The aft balconies are always bigger then the side ones-- yes, even the ones onthe hump.

There are no ocean breezes so being back there on an alaskan cruise woul dbe better. Being on the aft you dont have to worry about being on the wrong side of the ship for scenery.

If you can move down to deck 8 that would be better yet.

I would vote the aft. The aft balconies are always bigger then the side ones-- yes, even the ones onthe hump.

There are no ocean breezes so being back there on an alaskan cruise woul dbe better. Being on the aft you dont have to worry about being on the wrong side of the ship for scenery.

If you can move down to deck 8 that would be better yet.

Thanks for your imput. What's the advantage of Deck 8 over Deck 9?

We are awaiting a cruise on the Serenade but were thrilled to be on her sister, Radiance, in Alaska last year. We had an aft on 10 and did not have any noise from the Windjammer. The outdoor area does not get the same use in Alaska as it does in more temperate climates.

Any aft on the Alaska itinerary is super. You will have the best viewing spot for Hubbard Glacier and the Inside Passage.

Deck 9 should be equally wonderful.

Join your Serenade board and I think you will find the afts will be populated by the savvy CC posters.

P.S. We just got back from Alaska on the Summit a couple of days ago and we were on the wait list for an aft for 15 months. We never got one but certainly enjoyed the cruise. Alaska is very special.

Enjoy!!!

Archived