Scared there's a problem with my cruise!

routonc

I'm worried there is a problem with my cruise and I hope someone can reassure me.

I'm going on a group cruise, so the booking was all done by someone else in January. I paid the deposit and then nothing for a long time. In August we're told that the deadline is approaching - no date given - and they wanted a final count. Then about 2-3 weeks ago I get an email that the deadline is past and if I don't pay for the rest of the cruise that day I will lose the deposit.

So I got on the phone and paid for the cruise. The rep was nice and found the booking and took my payment and even apologized for the mixup on the final date. I was under the impression it was September but it ended up being August.

Anyway, I'm trying to fill out the fun pass and it keeps saying there is an error. I'm getting the same thing with the e-docs.

I'm praying they may have my name spelled wrong or something. I do plan to call them in the morning, but someone please tell me I didn't just throw all this money at Carnival and now I can't go! I've been looking forward to this since January! Has this ever happened to anyone before?

Yes something similar happened to me too. It wasn't a group booking though, it was a cruise I booked through an online TA. When I recieved my booking number the same thing happened, the website, in this case it was RCL, kept telling me the booking number didn't exist. I was pretty concerned and couldn't call the TA and had to wait for an e-mail. Turns out that they had just transposed 2 digits in my booking number when they first sent it to me.

So it could just be a simple mistake, likely that is all it is. Chances are you have nothing to worry about, but I know how it feels until you can get it straightened out.

I'm worried there is a problem with my cruise and I hope someone can reassure me.

I'm going on a group cruise, so the booking was all done by someone else in January. I paid the deposit and then nothing for a long time. In August we're told that the deadline is approaching - no date given - and they wanted a final count. Then about 2-3 weeks ago I get an email that the deadline is past and if I don't pay for the rest of the cruise that day I will lose the deposit.

So I got on the phone and paid for the cruise. The rep was nice and found the booking and took my payment and even apologized for the mixup on the final date. I was under the impression it was September but it ended up being August.

Anyway, I'm trying to fill out the fun pass and it keeps saying there is an error. I'm getting the same thing with the e-docs.

I'm praying they may have my name spelled wrong or something. I do plan to call them in the morning, but someone please tell me I didn't just throw all this money at Carnival and now I can't go! I've been looking forward to this since January! Has this ever happened to anyone before?

not sure about your particular problem but i get an error message at least 5 times a week while making sure our docs haven't changed. stay calm

Did you get a confirmation via e-mail and a booking number? If you have the booking number you should be able to log in and do everything online. Did you check your credit card to see if Carnival has billed it yet? Definately call them in the morning first thing, they are very good with customer service.

No, I haven't. I'm guessing that everything is sent to the group coordinator. I have sent her an email, though.

Did you receive confirmation from Carnival that you are paid in full? If so, you have nothing to worry about. I know I've experienced some issues on the Carnival site before. It will be ok.

After I made final payment, I went on the Carnival site to see if by chance I had a room assigned to me and I did. There was also an error message. It said "Booking on Hold". I immediately called my TA and was told all was OK that it was because it was a "Group Booking". I paid by credit card and I checked it online and it was paid. If I were You I would for peace of mind, call your Travel Agent or Carnival to be sure that your final payment was received and You are "Paid in Full". Ike

Call Carnival now, they should be open.

Fred

I did, I called the line and they said I'm supposed to have an individual booking number as well as the group number. I have no idea what it may be, so I'm going to contact the coordinator tomorrow and see if she has that info. That may be why I can't get into the fun pass.

Thanks, everyone. I feel better now. I'm going to email the coordinator for the trip then get some sleep.

We know how you feel. One night I was checking on line to fill out my passport information and the site told me the booking number did not exist! WHAT? It was on a weekend night so of course I could not get a hold of my TA. I called Celebrity and they said the booking had been canceled; this was prior to final payment. I said we did not cancel. It was a very tense time around our house that night. It was a great cruise at a great price and we did not want to lose the cabin we had chosen. They told me to call my TA. It took two days to find out that everything was OK. It was a booking that was consolidate to a group booking and we were given new number.

This is possibly what happen with yours. You should call Carnival. Make sure and let us all know.

Yay, everything is fine! I found my personal booking number. It was with the stuff I'd gathered together since January about the trip. Once I entered that number the Funpass worked! My e-docs page says "document pending" and I'm also getting the "booking on hold" message, but I guess that's due to it being a group cruise.

Now I can go to bed and rest easy!

Yay, everything is fine! I found my personal booking number. It was with the stuff I'd gathered together since January about the trip. Once I entered that number the Funpass worked! My e-docs page says "document pending" and I'm also getting the "booking on hold" message, but I guess that's due to it being a group cruise.

Now I can go to bed and rest easy!

I am finalizing some stuff for my trip I booked back in Jan. Last night I was trying to find the emegency number in case family had to contact me on the ship. I couldn't find it on the web site, so I thought it might be info they only allow you to see through your booking. I went to sign on and it said I had no existing reservations. It was about midnight, so no way to call anyone to calm me down. Fortunately, when I got up, everything was there. Go figure!

For our group cruise, the hold was took off after everything was finalizied for the group. It was about 2 weeks after final payment for us. We don't cruise till Oct.27 & I've had our docs printed out for 2 weeks. And those that got regular docs are just now starting to get theirs. Yeah for E Docs!!!! But I was able to do the FunPass months ago! Always make sure you've got your booking number. And it nevers hurts to call & ask questions!

We have never booked through a group.....but I would still stay on top of it.

If your deadline for final payment has passed.....so has everyone else's for this group. That means everyone else has paid in full as well...so why aren't they releasing your documents?

We have never booked through a group.....but I would still stay on top of it.

If your deadline for final payment has passed.....so has everyone else's for this group. That means everyone else has paid in full as well...so why aren't they releasing your documents?

That's a good question.

The Carnival rep said we should get docs about 3 weeks before the trip, which will be within the next week to week 1/2. But I don't know why I can't get the e-docs and the group coordinator hasn't returned my email yet.

For a group cruise, does the hold come off of your documents when everbody has paid in full?

Not for us. I just went through this last week.

That's a good question.

The Carnival rep said we should get docs about 3 weeks before the trip, which will be within the next week to week 1/2. But I don't know why I can't get the e-docs and the group coordinator hasn't returned my email yet.

Last week we were 27 days out and I was concerned that our documents still said "booking on hold". We had been paid in full for over a month and everyone's fun pass had been completed. I chose e-docs and still couldn't view them. I had the t.a. call and she was told that they were behind in ticketing group cruises. A couple hours later they were released. Something else you may want to know is that when it is a group cruise Carnival sends paper documents to the travel agent and not directly to the cruiser (for those who did not select e-docs). After the tickets are processed everyone can view their documents electronically (including those who are getting paper documents). This is great if you need to print out extra luggage tags.

Archived