Insurance?

travgurl

Access America is really good. They offer a family plan where kids are free. They are also very helpful to find the plan that is the most cost effective to fit your needs.

Some of the plans cover missed connections (airplane) but if you have a nonstop or are driving you could probably get a less expensive plan.

Access America is really good. They offer a family plan where kids are free. They are also very helpful to find the plan that is the most cost effective to fit your needs.

Some of the plans cover missed connections (airplane) but if you have a nonstop or are driving you could probably get a less expensive plan.

NOOOOooooo, Access America (World Access) is the insurance company that I have been going back and forth with for 2 years to get an insurance claim settled. :eek:

Stay far, far away from them.

I was able to purchase a yearly package through a credit card company. The coverage is good as long as the trip (air and cruise) plans are put on the card. It is less than Carnival insurance (and any other carrier we checked out), and covers every trip we take in the year.

Worth calling your credit card company!

Payd:)

.....between buying it from Carnival and a third party? I have to purchase my insurance by Thursday from my TA and I'd like to get the answer before then.

TIA

:confused:

This is a decision you have to make after doing some research. Are you driving or flying to the port, do you have any pre-existing medical conditions, how much are you willing to pay?

I'd check Carnival's price then go to insuremytrip.com and fill in the quote form. Look through some of the options that are offered taking into consideration what's important to you.

Through the years of reading 4 different cruise sites I've seen instances where the ship's insurance didn't pay or the insured had to do battle to get a payment. On the other hand Cruisinmama is fighting to get a claim from a 3rd party.

We fly to the port, stay in hotels before and after the cruise, and rent cars. We want to have evacuation from the ship available, flight delay and cancellation, medical/dental for injuries, and the option to cancel the whole trip in case of an emergency.

I have gone with CSA Freestyle for our last cruises and the one upcoming, bought through insuremytrip. The cost is $88.00 for two of us.

One last thing I have to throw out there is that our first ten cruises we had no insurance whatsoever and had no problems. :) As our parents age and other factors come into consideration, we've started purchasing it routinely, just in case.

Ms B

.....looks like I'll be doing a bunch of research between tonight and tomorrow.

The warehouse TA I used, I was kind of surprised I only had a week to decide if I wanted the insurance or not. I thought I would have longer than that, considering the insurance was through Carnival. Any thoughts on why the short length of time to decide? For the third party insurance, do you know if the cutoff date is before final payment of the cruise or another date?

.....looks like I'll be doing a bunch of research between tonight and tomorrow.

The warehouse TA I used, I was kind of surprised I only had a week to decide if I wanted the insurance or not. I thought I would have longer than that, considering the insurance was through Carnival. Any thoughts on why the short length of time to decide? For the third party insurance, do you know if the cutoff date is before final payment of the cruise or another date?

I couldn't even guess why that might be (the short time period to decide), I'm sure someone more knowledgable can answer your question. I bought our insurance after our final payment was made and just checked it again, the price has dropped 12.00, we cruise in less than 30 days.

Hope this info helps, I'm no expert on the subject of insurance, we just do the best we can based on reading the boards and looking into the insurance coverage offered for the price. :) Don't drive yourself crazy over it!

Ms B

I may be wrong but I thought if you had no pre-existing medical conditions to be covered you could purchase insurance up until the last minute before your trip. Am I wrong?

That's what I understand, too.

We had never considered or looked into buying insurance until our parents started having health issues that could have caused us to cancel our trip. Losing the cost of the cruise and flights would have been costly. After reading the cruise boards we started thinking more about the possibility of our own health and breaking bones, appendix attacks, and God knows what else :rolleyes: and decided we better have things covered.

Archived